Jun 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EST
After going through all the trouble of uniting the Schenn brothers, it’d be a massive shock if the Flyers actually dealt Brayden. It’s almost as unlikely that they will part ways with Couturier.
Toss in Philadelphia’s less than ideal cap situation and it’s not hard to paint the Flyers’ chances of actually getting something done as poor.
The flip side of the argument is that the Columbus Blue Jackets are, in a way, running out of time. They didn’t deal Nash at the trade deadline or during the NHL Entry Draft. If they can’t trade him away in the weeks after Zach Parise signs, then it’s hard to see any team ever meeting their current asking price.
After being unable to move him so many times, the Blue Jackets might be a little more flexible. On top of that, the Flyers might also feel a little more urgency now that they’ve traded van Riemsdyk and are likely to also lose Jaromir Jagr as a free agent. Besides, the Flyers have a reputation for making bold moves, so can you really ever count them out?
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)