Jun 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EST
After going through all the trouble of uniting the Schenn brothers, it’d be a massive shock if the Flyers actually dealt Brayden. It’s almost as unlikely that they will part ways with Couturier.
Toss in Philadelphia’s less than ideal cap situation and it’s not hard to paint the Flyers’ chances of actually getting something done as poor.
The flip side of the argument is that the Columbus Blue Jackets are, in a way, running out of time. They didn’t deal Nash at the trade deadline or during the NHL Entry Draft. If they can’t trade him away in the weeks after Zach Parise signs, then it’s hard to see any team ever meeting their current asking price.
After being unable to move him so many times, the Blue Jackets might be a little more flexible. On top of that, the Flyers might also feel a little more urgency now that they’ve traded van Riemsdyk and are likely to also lose Jaromir Jagr as a free agent. Besides, the Flyers have a reputation for making bold moves, so can you really ever count them out?
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)