Jun 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
After going through all the trouble of uniting the Schenn brothers, it’d be a massive shock if the Flyers actually dealt Brayden. It’s almost as unlikely that they will part ways with Couturier.
Toss in Philadelphia’s less than ideal cap situation and it’s not hard to paint the Flyers’ chances of actually getting something done as poor.
The flip side of the argument is that the Columbus Blue Jackets are, in a way, running out of time. They didn’t deal Nash at the trade deadline or during the NHL Entry Draft. If they can’t trade him away in the weeks after Zach Parise signs, then it’s hard to see any team ever meeting their current asking price.
After being unable to move him so many times, the Blue Jackets might be a little more flexible. On top of that, the Flyers might also feel a little more urgency now that they’ve traded van Riemsdyk and are likely to also lose Jaromir Jagr as a free agent. Besides, the Flyers have a reputation for making bold moves, so can you really ever count them out?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)