Jun 30, 2012, 7:01 PM EST
After going through all the trouble of uniting the Schenn brothers, it’d be a massive shock if the Flyers actually dealt Brayden. It’s almost as unlikely that they will part ways with Couturier.
Toss in Philadelphia’s less than ideal cap situation and it’s not hard to paint the Flyers’ chances of actually getting something done as poor.
The flip side of the argument is that the Columbus Blue Jackets are, in a way, running out of time. They didn’t deal Nash at the trade deadline or during the NHL Entry Draft. If they can’t trade him away in the weeks after Zach Parise signs, then it’s hard to see any team ever meeting their current asking price.
After being unable to move him so many times, the Blue Jackets might be a little more flexible. On top of that, the Flyers might also feel a little more urgency now that they’ve traded van Riemsdyk and are likely to also lose Jaromir Jagr as a free agent. Besides, the Flyers have a reputation for making bold moves, so can you really ever count them out?
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11