Jun 29, 2012, 12:56 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild filled out their toughness quota yesterday, signing heavyweight Matt Kassian to a two-year, $1.15 million deal.
It’s the first one-way contract of the 25-year-old’s career. The 6-foot-5, 252-pound left winger was once a high draft pick (57th overall in 2005) but had, at times, struggled to find his niche in the NHL.
Until he started doing stuff like this, that is:
Kassian appeared in 24 games with the Wild last year, scoring twice while racking up 55 penalty minutes.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5