Jun 29, 2012, 12:56 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild filled out their toughness quota yesterday, signing heavyweight Matt Kassian to a two-year, $1.15 million deal.
It’s the first one-way contract of the 25-year-old’s career. The 6-foot-5, 252-pound left winger was once a high draft pick (57th overall in 2005) but had, at times, struggled to find his niche in the NHL.
Until he started doing stuff like this, that is:
Kassian appeared in 24 games with the Wild last year, scoring twice while racking up 55 penalty minutes.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 4
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31