Jun 29, 2012, 5:04 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Paul Gaustad (C)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.3 million
The skinny: After rolling the dice and giving up a first-round pick for Gaustad at the deadline, Nashville would love to retain his services.
The burly centerman has some toughness (though Ryan Miller might argue about that) and he wins faceoffs more often than not.
Gaustad is a third- or fourth-line center and has the kind of snarl organizations are looking for out of a grind line guy. A team looking for depth up the middle could do well in adding Gaustad, but he struggled in the postseason for Nashville playing just over 11 minutes a game.
More UFA spotlights
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 15
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 46
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 20
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 34
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)