Jun 29, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
George Parros (F)
2011-12 cap hit: $875,000
The mustachioed enforcer with a Princeton education (believed to be the only one in existence) is expected to move on from Anaheim after 356 games and 812 PIM in a Ducks uniform.
His agent, George Bazos, believes there will be a “good deal of interest” in his client.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game in 2011-12, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating.
As for where he could end up, Buffalo and Vancouver are two teams that have been criticized for a lack of willingness/ability to protect skilled teammates.
Edmonton might want a replacement for Darcy Hordichuk.
More UFA spotlights
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 15
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 18
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 16
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 50
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (61)