Jun 29, 2012, 1:26 PM EST
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
George Parros (F)
2011-12 cap hit: $875,000
The mustachioed enforcer with a Princeton education (believed to be the only one in existence) is expected to move on from Anaheim after 356 games and 812 PIM in a Ducks uniform.
His agent, George Bazos, believes there will be a “good deal of interest” in his client.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game in 2011-12, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating.
As for where he could end up, Buffalo and Vancouver are two teams that have been criticized for a lack of willingness/ability to protect skilled teammates.
Edmonton might want a replacement for Darcy Hordichuk.
More UFA spotlights
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4