Jun 29, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
George Parros (F)
2011-12 cap hit: $875,000
The mustachioed enforcer with a Princeton education (believed to be the only one in existence) is expected to move on from Anaheim after 356 games and 812 PIM in a Ducks uniform.
His agent, George Bazos, believes there will be a “good deal of interest” in his client.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game in 2011-12, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating.
As for where he could end up, Buffalo and Vancouver are two teams that have been criticized for a lack of willingness/ability to protect skilled teammates.
Edmonton might want a replacement for Darcy Hordichuk.
More UFA spotlights
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)