Jun 29, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
George Parros (F)
2011-12 cap hit: $875,000
The mustachioed enforcer with a Princeton education (believed to be the only one in existence) is expected to move on from Anaheim after 356 games and 812 PIM in a Ducks uniform.
His agent, George Bazos, believes there will be a “good deal of interest” in his client.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game in 2011-12, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating.
As for where he could end up, Buffalo and Vancouver are two teams that have been criticized for a lack of willingness/ability to protect skilled teammates.
Edmonton might want a replacement for Darcy Hordichuk.
More UFA spotlights
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7