Jun 29, 2012, 1:26 PM EDT
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
George Parros (F)
2011-12 cap hit: $875,000
The mustachioed enforcer with a Princeton education (believed to be the only one in existence) is expected to move on from Anaheim after 356 games and 812 PIM in a Ducks uniform.
His agent, George Bazos, believes there will be a “good deal of interest” in his client.
Parros only averaged 6:23 of ice time per game in 2011-12, but he wasn’t a defensive liability, finishing with a plus-1 rating.
As for where he could end up, Buffalo and Vancouver are two teams that have been criticized for a lack of willingness/ability to protect skilled teammates.
Edmonton might want a replacement for Darcy Hordichuk.
More UFA spotlights
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)