Jun 29, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
Here’s a list of minor contracts to chew on:
— The San Jose Sharks have given Matt Irwin a two-way deal worth $650,000, according to Renaud Lavoie. Irwin had 11 goals and 42 points in 71 AHL contests in 2011-12. He’s 24 years old and hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
— Renaud Lavoie also reported that the Montreal Canadiens inked Brendon Nash to a two-way deal worth $575,000 and Petteri Nokelainen to a one-way, $575,000 contract. Nash has no points in two career NHL games.
Nokelainen has 20 goals and 21 assists in 245 career NHL contests. He had six points in 51 games in the 2011-12 campaign.
— The New Jersey Devils have signed Cam Janssen to a two-way deal worth $575,000 at the NHL level, according to The Bergen Record. He had an assist and 75 penalty minutes in 48 regular season contests, but he didn’t log a single minute of ice time in the playoffs.
— Finally, Mike Heika reported that the Dallas Stars have bought out Eric Godard. His two-year deal would have become one-way in 2012-13 with a salary of $700,000, but he will instead cost the Stars $231,000 in 2012-13 and 2013-14. Godard had a goal and no assists in 48 games with the AHL Texas Stars last season.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 16
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)