Jun 29, 2012, 8:06 AM EDT
Here’s a list of minor contracts to chew on:
— The San Jose Sharks have given Matt Irwin a two-way deal worth $650,000, according to Renaud Lavoie. Irwin had 11 goals and 42 points in 71 AHL contests in 2011-12. He’s 24 years old and hasn’t made his NHL debut yet.
— Renaud Lavoie also reported that the Montreal Canadiens inked Brendon Nash to a two-way deal worth $575,000 and Petteri Nokelainen to a one-way, $575,000 contract. Nash has no points in two career NHL games.
Nokelainen has 20 goals and 21 assists in 245 career NHL contests. He had six points in 51 games in the 2011-12 campaign.
— The New Jersey Devils have signed Cam Janssen to a two-way deal worth $575,000 at the NHL level, according to The Bergen Record. He had an assist and 75 penalty minutes in 48 regular season contests, but he didn’t log a single minute of ice time in the playoffs.
— Finally, Mike Heika reported that the Dallas Stars have bought out Eric Godard. His two-year deal would have become one-way in 2012-13 with a salary of $700,000, but he will instead cost the Stars $231,000 in 2012-13 and 2013-14. Godard had a goal and no assists in 48 games with the AHL Texas Stars last season.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25