Jun 29, 2012, 2:26 PM EDT
It’s not clear how they’re “internally getting ready” (activating his key fob? setting up his 401(k)? just cleaning up around the rink a bit?), but it’s sounding more and more like Luongo will be traded soon.
That the Vancouver Canucks just signed Cory Schneider to a three-year, $12 million contract may be another clue a deal is close.
So…if Luongo is indeed returning to his old team, what goes the other way? A top prospect? A bad contract? Both?
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39