Jun 29, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
With all the discussion he’s generated lately, you’d think Justin Schultz was the next Paul Coffey (who called him, by the way). For some, all the talk is fascinating. Others are growing tired of all the hubbub about a guy who hasn’t skated a single NHL shift. Wherever you rest, an answer will come soon. Bob McKenzie reports that the unrestricted rookie will announce his decision tomorrow.
We’ll find out tomorrow, which will give Schultz one more day in the limelight before a deluge of other news bits on July 1.
As far as finding out how good he is, we won’t get our first sign for a few months. It would be awfully disappointing if he was the rookie defenseman answer to Fabian Brunnstrom, though, wouldn’t it?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)