Jun 29, 2012, 10:28 PM EDT
With all the discussion he’s generated lately, you’d think Justin Schultz was the next Paul Coffey (who called him, by the way). For some, all the talk is fascinating. Others are growing tired of all the hubbub about a guy who hasn’t skated a single NHL shift. Wherever you rest, an answer will come soon. Bob McKenzie reports that the unrestricted rookie will announce his decision tomorrow.
We’ll find out tomorrow, which will give Schultz one more day in the limelight before a deluge of other news bits on July 1.
As far as finding out how good he is, we won’t get our first sign for a few months. It would be awfully disappointing if he was the rookie defenseman answer to Fabian Brunnstrom, though, wouldn’t it?
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)