Jun 29, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Predators GM David Poile is still hoping to ink Gaustad before the free agent period starts on July 1, but that doesn’t seem likely.
“Paul intends to wait until July 1st to see what options are available, but he is definitely considering Nashville’s offer to re-sign,” Gaustad’s agent, Michael Gorman said.
Gaustad is coming off of a four-year, $9.2 million contract and is probably hoping for something with a similar annual salary.
He had 21 points and 76 penalty minutes in 80 games with Buffalo and Nashville last season. He’s faceoff specialist and responsible defensively. The Nashville Predators gave Buffalo a first-round pick in exchange for Gaustad and a fourth rounder back on Feb. 27.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 61
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)