Jun 29, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Predators GM David Poile is still hoping to ink Gaustad before the free agent period starts on July 1, but that doesn’t seem likely.
“Paul intends to wait until July 1st to see what options are available, but he is definitely considering Nashville’s offer to re-sign,” Gaustad’s agent, Michael Gorman said.
Gaustad is coming off of a four-year, $9.2 million contract and is probably hoping for something with a similar annual salary.
He had 21 points and 76 penalty minutes in 80 games with Buffalo and Nashville last season. He’s faceoff specialist and responsible defensively. The Nashville Predators gave Buffalo a first-round pick in exchange for Gaustad and a fourth rounder back on Feb. 27.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)