Jun 29, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Predators GM David Poile is still hoping to ink Gaustad before the free agent period starts on July 1, but that doesn’t seem likely.
“Paul intends to wait until July 1st to see what options are available, but he is definitely considering Nashville’s offer to re-sign,” Gaustad’s agent, Michael Gorman said.
Gaustad is coming off of a four-year, $9.2 million contract and is probably hoping for something with a similar annual salary.
He had 21 points and 76 penalty minutes in 80 games with Buffalo and Nashville last season. He’s faceoff specialist and responsible defensively. The Nashville Predators gave Buffalo a first-round pick in exchange for Gaustad and a fourth rounder back on Feb. 27.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 21
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 23
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 93
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5