Jun 29, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
Predators GM David Poile is still hoping to ink Gaustad before the free agent period starts on July 1, but that doesn’t seem likely.
“Paul intends to wait until July 1st to see what options are available, but he is definitely considering Nashville’s offer to re-sign,” Gaustad’s agent, Michael Gorman said.
Gaustad is coming off of a four-year, $9.2 million contract and is probably hoping for something with a similar annual salary.
He had 21 points and 76 penalty minutes in 80 games with Buffalo and Nashville last season. He’s faceoff specialist and responsible defensively. The Nashville Predators gave Buffalo a first-round pick in exchange for Gaustad and a fourth rounder back on Feb. 27.
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 3
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 5
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 16
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9