Jun 29, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
Not to be outdone by the NHL, the NHLPA released its own statement following the initial collective bargaining session today in New York.
“Eight players on the negotiating committee, along with NHLPA staff, met with commissioner Gary Bettman, four NHL owners and a number of league staff and legal counsel at the league’s office in New York,” said union chief Donald Fehr. “Following today’s meeting, we will review the NHL’s initial presentation with the players’ committee before reconvening for further talks later next week.”
Hmmm…interesting that the union didn’t say the meeting was “cordial” like the league did.
(Yep, we’re posting this sort of stuff now. Get used it. Gonna be a long summer.)
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17