Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
On Thursday, Murray told the OC Register signing both to contract extensions is his main priority.
“I think it’s imperative for the hockey team,” Murray said. ”We’ve reached out to the agents and that will be an ongoing process. I don’t think it’s going to happen overnight. But we’ve reached out to both sides.”
Both Getzlaf and Perry have one year left on deals that pay both $5.33 million annually.
But in the spirit of massive extensions given to Sidney Crosby (12 years, $104.4 million) and Jonathan Quick (10 years, $58 million), it seems the Ducks are looking to lock up their two franchise cornerstones — before the new CBA kicks in and ridiculously lengthy contracts (possibly) go the way of the dodo bird.
“It’s something that will be ongoing and we’ll work at it,” Murray explained. “I don’t think it’s something that you need to read in the paper every day. We’re going to work at it and when we get it done, we’ll tell you.”
Anaheim currently has just six players under contract for 2013-14, one of which is Ryan, who’s deal runs through 2015 with an average annual value of $5.1 million.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)