Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
On Thursday, Murray told the OC Register signing both to contract extensions is his main priority.
“I think it’s imperative for the hockey team,” Murray said. ”We’ve reached out to the agents and that will be an ongoing process. I don’t think it’s going to happen overnight. But we’ve reached out to both sides.”
Both Getzlaf and Perry have one year left on deals that pay both $5.33 million annually.
But in the spirit of massive extensions given to Sidney Crosby (12 years, $104.4 million) and Jonathan Quick (10 years, $58 million), it seems the Ducks are looking to lock up their two franchise cornerstones — before the new CBA kicks in and ridiculously lengthy contracts (possibly) go the way of the dodo bird.
“It’s something that will be ongoing and we’ll work at it,” Murray explained. “I don’t think it’s something that you need to read in the paper every day. We’re going to work at it and when we get it done, we’ll tell you.”
Anaheim currently has just six players under contract for 2013-14, one of which is Ryan, who’s deal runs through 2015 with an average annual value of $5.1 million.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 6
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 16
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 14
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 54
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)