Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
On Thursday, Murray told the OC Register signing both to contract extensions is his main priority.
“I think it’s imperative for the hockey team,” Murray said. ”We’ve reached out to the agents and that will be an ongoing process. I don’t think it’s going to happen overnight. But we’ve reached out to both sides.”
Both Getzlaf and Perry have one year left on deals that pay both $5.33 million annually.
But in the spirit of massive extensions given to Sidney Crosby (12 years, $104.4 million) and Jonathan Quick (10 years, $58 million), it seems the Ducks are looking to lock up their two franchise cornerstones — before the new CBA kicks in and ridiculously lengthy contracts (possibly) go the way of the dodo bird.
“It’s something that will be ongoing and we’ll work at it,” Murray explained. “I don’t think it’s something that you need to read in the paper every day. We’re going to work at it and when we get it done, we’ll tell you.”
Anaheim currently has just six players under contract for 2013-14, one of which is Ryan, who’s deal runs through 2015 with an average annual value of $5.1 million.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 1
- Devils fire DeBoer 18
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)