Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
On Thursday, Murray told the OC Register signing both to contract extensions is his main priority.
“I think it’s imperative for the hockey team,” Murray said. ”We’ve reached out to the agents and that will be an ongoing process. I don’t think it’s going to happen overnight. But we’ve reached out to both sides.”
Both Getzlaf and Perry have one year left on deals that pay both $5.33 million annually.
But in the spirit of massive extensions given to Sidney Crosby (12 years, $104.4 million) and Jonathan Quick (10 years, $58 million), it seems the Ducks are looking to lock up their two franchise cornerstones — before the new CBA kicks in and ridiculously lengthy contracts (possibly) go the way of the dodo bird.
“It’s something that will be ongoing and we’ll work at it,” Murray explained. “I don’t think it’s something that you need to read in the paper every day. We’re going to work at it and when we get it done, we’ll tell you.”
Anaheim currently has just six players under contract for 2013-14, one of which is Ryan, who’s deal runs through 2015 with an average annual value of $5.1 million.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 19
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)