Jun 29, 2012, 3:48 PM EST
On Thursday, Murray told the OC Register signing both to contract extensions is his main priority.
“I think it’s imperative for the hockey team,” Murray said. ”We’ve reached out to the agents and that will be an ongoing process. I don’t think it’s going to happen overnight. But we’ve reached out to both sides.”
Both Getzlaf and Perry have one year left on deals that pay both $5.33 million annually.
But in the spirit of massive extensions given to Sidney Crosby (12 years, $104.4 million) and Jonathan Quick (10 years, $58 million), it seems the Ducks are looking to lock up their two franchise cornerstones — before the new CBA kicks in and ridiculously lengthy contracts (possibly) go the way of the dodo bird.
“It’s something that will be ongoing and we’ll work at it,” Murray explained. “I don’t think it’s something that you need to read in the paper every day. We’re going to work at it and when we get it done, we’ll tell you.”
Anaheim currently has just six players under contract for 2013-14, one of which is Ryan, who’s deal runs through 2015 with an average annual value of $5.1 million.
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 2
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 9
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)