Jun 29, 2012, 2:47 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have retained a key part of their Stanley Cup finals run.
Today, the club announced the signings of Cam Janssen, Peter Harrold, Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier — the latter three comprising New Jersey’s stellar fourth line from last year’s playoffs.
It’s a nice bit of news for a trio that wasn’t even with the Devils to start the season. Gionta and Bernier spent a chunk of the season in AHL Albany (Bernier went into Devils camp on a tryout) and Carter was snagged off waivers from Florida.
Yet by season’s end, the line combined for 21 points in 24 playoff games with a plus-11 rating.
While not all financial terms were released, Renaud Lavioe of RDS reports Bernier’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal. Tom Gulitti says Gionta received a two-year deal (one-way the first year, two-way the second) while Rich Chere tweets Carter’s new deal is two years, $1.55 million.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 16
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)