Jun 29, 2012, 2:47 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils have retained a key part of their Stanley Cup finals run.
Today, the club announced the signings of Cam Janssen, Peter Harrold, Ryan Carter, Stephen Gionta and Steve Bernier — the latter three comprising New Jersey’s stellar fourth line from last year’s playoffs.
It’s a nice bit of news for a trio that wasn’t even with the Devils to start the season. Gionta and Bernier spent a chunk of the season in AHL Albany (Bernier went into Devils camp on a tryout) and Carter was snagged off waivers from Florida.
Yet by season’s end, the line combined for 21 points in 24 playoff games with a plus-11 rating.
While not all financial terms were released, Renaud Lavioe of RDS reports Bernier’s is a two-year, $1.5 million deal. Tom Gulitti says Gionta received a two-year deal (one-way the first year, two-way the second) while Rich Chere tweets Carter’s new deal is two years, $1.55 million.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)