Jun 29, 2012, 9:33 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks seem like they’re having a bit of an identity crisis this summer. Veterans such as Lubomir Visnovsky are exiting – and perhaps Bobby Ryan, too. On the other hand, they re-signed Saku Koivu and hope to extend Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. One big reason to stay the course (to some extent) is the potential for one last season from Teemu Selanne.
Eric Stephens reports that the Ducks will meet with “The Finnish Flash” on Saturday, passing along some words of optimism from head coach Bruce Boudreau.
“Indications are that I think he wants to come back, although I’m not 100 percent sure,” Boudreau said. “I’m still counting on him to hopefully be back.”
“I can’t put thoughts into his head, but, if I was deciding not to come back, I wouldn’t be having a lot of conversations with my team and texting them good thoughts and ‘how you doing?’ — that sort of stuff. I seem to be getting good vibes.”
Boudreau can’t put thoughts in Selanne’s head, but feel free to picture him doing so, “Scanners”-style. I know I am.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)