Jun 29, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks seem like they’re having a bit of an identity crisis this summer. Veterans such as Lubomir Visnovsky are exiting – and perhaps Bobby Ryan, too. On the other hand, they re-signed Saku Koivu and hope to extend Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. One big reason to stay the course (to some extent) is the potential for one last season from Teemu Selanne.
Eric Stephens reports that the Ducks will meet with “The Finnish Flash” on Saturday, passing along some words of optimism from head coach Bruce Boudreau.
“Indications are that I think he wants to come back, although I’m not 100 percent sure,” Boudreau said. “I’m still counting on him to hopefully be back.”
“I can’t put thoughts into his head, but, if I was deciding not to come back, I wouldn’t be having a lot of conversations with my team and texting them good thoughts and ‘how you doing?’ — that sort of stuff. I seem to be getting good vibes.”
Boudreau can’t put thoughts in Selanne’s head, but feel free to picture him doing so, “Scanners”-style. I know I am.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)