Jun 29, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks seem like they’re having a bit of an identity crisis this summer. Veterans such as Lubomir Visnovsky are exiting – and perhaps Bobby Ryan, too. On the other hand, they re-signed Saku Koivu and hope to extend Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. One big reason to stay the course (to some extent) is the potential for one last season from Teemu Selanne.
Eric Stephens reports that the Ducks will meet with “The Finnish Flash” on Saturday, passing along some words of optimism from head coach Bruce Boudreau.
“Indications are that I think he wants to come back, although I’m not 100 percent sure,” Boudreau said. “I’m still counting on him to hopefully be back.”
“I can’t put thoughts into his head, but, if I was deciding not to come back, I wouldn’t be having a lot of conversations with my team and texting them good thoughts and ‘how you doing?’ — that sort of stuff. I seem to be getting good vibes.”
Boudreau can’t put thoughts in Selanne’s head, but feel free to picture him doing so, “Scanners”-style. I know I am.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)