Jun 29, 2012, 9:33 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks seem like they’re having a bit of an identity crisis this summer. Veterans such as Lubomir Visnovsky are exiting – and perhaps Bobby Ryan, too. On the other hand, they re-signed Saku Koivu and hope to extend Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf. One big reason to stay the course (to some extent) is the potential for one last season from Teemu Selanne.
Eric Stephens reports that the Ducks will meet with “The Finnish Flash” on Saturday, passing along some words of optimism from head coach Bruce Boudreau.
“Indications are that I think he wants to come back, although I’m not 100 percent sure,” Boudreau said. “I’m still counting on him to hopefully be back.”
“I can’t put thoughts into his head, but, if I was deciding not to come back, I wouldn’t be having a lot of conversations with my team and texting them good thoughts and ‘how you doing?’ — that sort of stuff. I seem to be getting good vibes.”
Boudreau can’t put thoughts in Selanne’s head, but feel free to picture him doing so, “Scanners”-style. I know I am.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)