Jun 28, 2012, 5:00 AM EST
All week leading up to July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Taylor Pyatt (LW)
2011-12 cap hit: $1 million
On paper, the eighth overall pick of the 1999 NHL Draft brings a nice mix of size, skill, checking ability, and dreamy eyes.
However, after a 2010-11 season that saw Pyatt score 18 times and add 13 assists, the 30-year-old slid back down to 19 points in 2011-12, with a reduction in ice time to match.
To his credit, Pyatt upped his game in the playoffs, scoring four goals in 16 games. If his asking price stays around $1 million and he doesn’t re-sign with the Coyotes, he should find a home as a bottom-six guy with postseason experience and the potential to put a few pucks in the net.
More UFA spotlights
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)