Jun 28, 2012, 6:16 PM EST
All week leading up to Sunday, July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Jamie Langenbrunner (RW)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.75 million
While it was difficult to gather much information concerning the future of fellow veteran forward Jason Arnott, the general feeling is that the Blues want Jamie Langenbrunner back. Jeremy Rutherford’s report suggests as much while Michael Russo advises the Minnesota Wild to grab the winger if the Blues let him go.
Langenbrunner’s numbers were hardly impressive last season — he received just 14:37 minutes of ice time per game, scoring 24 points in 70 games.
On the other hand, the Blues are a youngish team and Langenbrunner’s won two Stanley Cups on two different teams, so he’s got the wily veteran thing going for him.
More UFA spotlights
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)