Jun 28, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
All week leading up to Sunday, July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Jamie Langenbrunner (RW)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.75 million
While it was difficult to gather much information concerning the future of fellow veteran forward Jason Arnott, the general feeling is that the Blues want Jamie Langenbrunner back. Jeremy Rutherford’s report suggests as much while Michael Russo advises the Minnesota Wild to grab the winger if the Blues let him go.
Langenbrunner’s numbers were hardly impressive last season — he received just 14:37 minutes of ice time per game, scoring 24 points in 70 games.
On the other hand, the Blues are a youngish team and Langenbrunner’s won two Stanley Cups on two different teams, so he’s got the wily veteran thing going for him.
More UFA spotlights
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)