Jun 28, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
All week leading up to Sunday, July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Jamie Langenbrunner (RW)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.75 million
While it was difficult to gather much information concerning the future of fellow veteran forward Jason Arnott, the general feeling is that the Blues want Jamie Langenbrunner back. Jeremy Rutherford’s report suggests as much while Michael Russo advises the Minnesota Wild to grab the winger if the Blues let him go.
Langenbrunner’s numbers were hardly impressive last season — he received just 14:37 minutes of ice time per game, scoring 24 points in 70 games.
On the other hand, the Blues are a youngish team and Langenbrunner’s won two Stanley Cups on two different teams, so he’s got the wily veteran thing going for him.
More UFA spotlights
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 8
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (49)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)