Jun 28, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
All week leading up to Sunday, July 1, we’ll be profiling unrestricted free agents and speculating where they might end up.
Jamie Langenbrunner (RW)
2011-12 cap hit: $2.75 million
While it was difficult to gather much information concerning the future of fellow veteran forward Jason Arnott, the general feeling is that the Blues want Jamie Langenbrunner back. Jeremy Rutherford’s report suggests as much while Michael Russo advises the Minnesota Wild to grab the winger if the Blues let him go.
Langenbrunner’s numbers were hardly impressive last season — he received just 14:37 minutes of ice time per game, scoring 24 points in 70 games.
On the other hand, the Blues are a youngish team and Langenbrunner’s won two Stanley Cups on two different teams, so he’s got the wily veteran thing going for him.
More UFA spotlights
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)