Jun 28, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed forward Matt Bradley on unconditional waivers with the intention of buying him out.
The 34-year-old has one season left on his contract ($950,000 cap hit). According to CapGeek, the buyout will save the Panthers $333,333 in salary. His cap hit will be $283,333 in 2012-13 and $333,333 in 2013-14.
Bradley scored three times with five assists in 45 games last season.
Related: Saturday is buyout deadline
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 92
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 48
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 63