Jun 28, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed forward Matt Bradley on unconditional waivers with the intention of buying him out.
The 34-year-old has one season left on his contract ($950,000 cap hit). According to CapGeek, the buyout will save the Panthers $333,333 in salary. His cap hit will be $283,333 in 2012-13 and $333,333 in 2013-14.
Bradley scored three times with five assists in 45 games last season.
Related: Saturday is buyout deadline
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 98
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (99)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)