Jun 28, 2012, 1:33 PM EDT
The Florida Panthers have placed forward Matt Bradley on unconditional waivers with the intention of buying him out.
The 34-year-old has one season left on his contract ($950,000 cap hit). According to CapGeek, the buyout will save the Panthers $333,333 in salary. His cap hit will be $283,333 in 2012-13 and $333,333 in 2013-14.
Bradley scored three times with five assists in 45 games last season.
Related: Saturday is buyout deadline
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 88
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL