Jun 28, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
It looks like P. A. Parenteau will test the free agent waters. There are some that will question the late bloomer’s ability to succeed without Islanders superstar John Tavares, but that shouldn’t prevent him from finding a home — especially in the thin 2012 market.
One potential suitor is Ottawa, according to the Ottawa Citizen. The Senators are believed to be in the market for a forward with first-line potential, given that Daniel Alfredsson might retire this summer. They’ve already gone after Rick Nash, but it looks like Nash might not want to play in Ottawa.
Although the Senators are a franchise heading in the right direction, they aren’t exactly a big market and they haven’t gotten past the first round of the playoffs since 2007. Even if they had the money to throw at a guy like Zach Parise, would he have much interest in playing for Ottawa at this time?
Parenteau seems like a more realistic target for the Senators at this time and he’s one that could serve them well.
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 43
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 79
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 112
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Bruins-Rangers
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks look to even series with Red Wings
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1