Jun 27, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
What you’re about to see is a handshake line between teams comprised of players aged 10-12.
The two teams — UBC Hornets and Richmond Steel (yeah, this is in Vancouver) — played last weekend, with the Hornets winning by a score of 5-4.
That victory didn’t stop Hornets head coach Martin Tremblay from pulling off arguably the cheapest move in the history of handshake lines:
The result? The kid that got tripped suffered a broken wrist and Tremblay was taken into custody by Royal Canadian Mounted Police. He was released without charges, but RCMP Sgt. Paulena Gidda said investigators are still considering charges of assault or assault causing bodily harm.
Tremblay — who is 52 years old, by the way — reportedly claimed he slipped on some water and accidentally tripped the player, a pretty weak excuse given video evidence.
Unsurprisingly, nobody’s buying his excuse, including the Steel team manager, Tammy Hohlweg.
“Actually seeing it is horrifying,” she said after watching the video. “He should not be allowed around kids. No more coaching for this coach.”
“If a coach is like that, the kids will feed off that – the kids will react and do that too.”
(Photo Courtesy CTV)
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 3
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 38
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 54
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 42
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 75
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 34
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 48
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 59
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)