Jun 27, 2012, 12:47 PM EDT
What you’re about to see is a handshake line between teams comprised of players aged 10-12.
The two teams — UBC Hornets and Richmond Steel (yeah, this is in Vancouver) — played last weekend, with the Hornets winning by a score of 5-4.
That victory didn’t stop Hornets head coach Martin Tremblay from pulling off arguably the cheapest move in the history of handshake lines:
The result? The kid that got tripped suffered a broken wrist and Tremblay was taken into custody by Royal Canadian Mounted Police. He was released without charges, but RCMP Sgt. Paulena Gidda said investigators are still considering charges of assault or assault causing bodily harm.
Tremblay — who is 52 years old, by the way — reportedly claimed he slipped on some water and accidentally tripped the player, a pretty weak excuse given video evidence.
Unsurprisingly, nobody’s buying his excuse, including the Steel team manager, Tammy Hohlweg.
“Actually seeing it is horrifying,” she said after watching the video. “He should not be allowed around kids. No more coaching for this coach.”
“If a coach is like that, the kids will feed off that – the kids will react and do that too.”
(Photo Courtesy CTV)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 12
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 78
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)