Jun 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
Today in Toronto, the pitches for Justin Schultz’s services will start to roll in. The 21-year-old college star that can sign with any team he so desires will, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, consider 26 expressions of interest before whittling it down to a short list by the end of the day.
Schultz, a defenseman, can’t formally sign until Sunday, but it’s believed he’ll make his decision before then.
The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks are expected to be among the leading suitors.
For more on the Schultz situation, here’s his UFA profile.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 9
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)