Jun 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Today in Toronto, the pitches for Justin Schultz’s services will start to roll in. The 21-year-old college star that can sign with any team he so desires will, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, consider 26 expressions of interest before whittling it down to a short list by the end of the day.
Schultz, a defenseman, can’t formally sign until Sunday, but it’s believed he’ll make his decision before then.
The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks are expected to be among the leading suitors.
For more on the Schultz situation, here’s his UFA profile.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)