Jun 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EDT
Today in Toronto, the pitches for Justin Schultz’s services will start to roll in. The 21-year-old college star that can sign with any team he so desires will, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, consider 26 expressions of interest before whittling it down to a short list by the end of the day.
Schultz, a defenseman, can’t formally sign until Sunday, but it’s believed he’ll make his decision before then.
The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks are expected to be among the leading suitors.
For more on the Schultz situation, here’s his UFA profile.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)