Jun 27, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
Today in Toronto, the pitches for Justin Schultz’s services will start to roll in. The 21-year-old college star that can sign with any team he so desires will, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, consider 26 expressions of interest before whittling it down to a short list by the end of the day.
Schultz, a defenseman, can’t formally sign until Sunday, but it’s believed he’ll make his decision before then.
The Edmonton Oilers and Vancouver Canucks are expected to be among the leading suitors.
For more on the Schultz situation, here’s his UFA profile.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)