Jun 26, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
It feels like forever ago, but Jonathan Toews says he’s finally over the concussion that put him out of action at the end of this past season and made life hard for him in the playoffs.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune hears from Toews about how he’s feeling now a few months removed from his injury.
“I feel great,” said Toews, who attended a meeting with the National Hockey League Players Association executive board Monday at a downtown hotel. “I’m having a great summer so far. It was a pretty nerve-wracking thing (but) taking the time off and not going to the World Championships was really big. I haven’t felt or seen anything since so it’s good news.”
The Blackhawks captain didn’t quite seem like himself during their first-round defeat to the Coyotes scoring two goals and adding two assists in the six-game series. While he was also busy talking up Patrick Kane, Toews is also in the position of dealing with being part of the labor situation this summer. It’s never a slow time when you’re a captain.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)