Jun 26, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
It feels like forever ago, but Jonathan Toews says he’s finally over the concussion that put him out of action at the end of this past season and made life hard for him in the playoffs.
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune hears from Toews about how he’s feeling now a few months removed from his injury.
“I feel great,” said Toews, who attended a meeting with the National Hockey League Players Association executive board Monday at a downtown hotel. “I’m having a great summer so far. It was a pretty nerve-wracking thing (but) taking the time off and not going to the World Championships was really big. I haven’t felt or seen anything since so it’s good news.”
The Blackhawks captain didn’t quite seem like himself during their first-round defeat to the Coyotes scoring two goals and adding two assists in the six-game series. While he was also busy talking up Patrick Kane, Toews is also in the position of dealing with being part of the labor situation this summer. It’s never a slow time when you’re a captain.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 1
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 17
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)