Jun 26, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Braun, 24, inked a three-year deal after emerging as a bottom pair defenseman last season. He appeared in 66 games — a career high — and scored 2G-9A-11PTS while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Wingels, 23, received a two-year extension from the club. The former Miami (OH) standout appeared in 33 games last season for the Sharks and showed some decent offensive pop, scoring nine points. He appeared in all five of San Jose’s playoff games, recording one assist.
“I’m very grateful to sign this contract extension,” Wingels told CSN Bay Area. “And I’m excited to be a member of the first-class organization that the Sharks are.”
Desjardins, 25, was the only player in the NHL last season…to wear No. 69. Seriously, he did that.
Questionable decision-making aside, he proved to be a decent offensive contributor in a bottom-six center role, finishing with 13 assists despite averaging less than 10 minutes a night.
The Sharks signed him to a one-year extension.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)