Jun 26, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Braun, 24, inked a three-year deal after emerging as a bottom pair defenseman last season. He appeared in 66 games — a career high — and scored 2G-9A-11PTS while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Wingels, 23, received a two-year extension from the club. The former Miami (OH) standout appeared in 33 games last season for the Sharks and showed some decent offensive pop, scoring nine points. He appeared in all five of San Jose’s playoff games, recording one assist.
“I’m very grateful to sign this contract extension,” Wingels told CSN Bay Area. “And I’m excited to be a member of the first-class organization that the Sharks are.”
Desjardins, 25, was the only player in the NHL last season…to wear No. 69. Seriously, he did that.
Questionable decision-making aside, he proved to be a decent offensive contributor in a bottom-six center role, finishing with 13 assists despite averaging less than 10 minutes a night.
The Sharks signed him to a one-year extension.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)