Jun 26, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
Braun, 24, inked a three-year deal after emerging as a bottom pair defenseman last season. He appeared in 66 games — a career high — and scored 2G-9A-11PTS while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Wingels, 23, received a two-year extension from the club. The former Miami (OH) standout appeared in 33 games last season for the Sharks and showed some decent offensive pop, scoring nine points. He appeared in all five of San Jose’s playoff games, recording one assist.
“I’m very grateful to sign this contract extension,” Wingels told CSN Bay Area. “And I’m excited to be a member of the first-class organization that the Sharks are.”
Desjardins, 25, was the only player in the NHL last season…to wear No. 69. Seriously, he did that.
Questionable decision-making aside, he proved to be a decent offensive contributor in a bottom-six center role, finishing with 13 assists despite averaging less than 10 minutes a night.
The Sharks signed him to a one-year extension.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)