Jun 26, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
Braun, 24, inked a three-year deal after emerging as a bottom pair defenseman last season. He appeared in 66 games — a career high — and scored 2G-9A-11PTS while averaging over 16 minutes per game.
Wingels, 23, received a two-year extension from the club. The former Miami (OH) standout appeared in 33 games last season for the Sharks and showed some decent offensive pop, scoring nine points. He appeared in all five of San Jose’s playoff games, recording one assist.
“I’m very grateful to sign this contract extension,” Wingels told CSN Bay Area. “And I’m excited to be a member of the first-class organization that the Sharks are.”
Desjardins, 25, was the only player in the NHL last season…to wear No. 69. Seriously, he did that.
Questionable decision-making aside, he proved to be a decent offensive contributor in a bottom-six center role, finishing with 13 assists despite averaging less than 10 minutes a night.
The Sharks signed him to a one-year extension.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)