Jun 26, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens didn’t take an enormous risk by handing rugged forward Ryan White a one-year, $687,500 deal. Still, it did require a bit of a leap of faith because injuries limited him to just 20 games played last season. White told Abe Hefter that he’s excited to get a chance to prove that he can stay healthy and contribute.
“It feels great,” White said. “I’m excited to be back with the Montreal Canadiens. It’s another opportunity to show what I can do. “I want to have a good showing this year and play 80 games — show everyone I can do it.”
At least he’s keeping his goals more reasonable by assuming he’ll miss two out of 82 games, eh? All kidding aside, White is getting an opportunity to impress a new coaching staff and front office headed by first-time GM Marc Bergevin. Considering his modest resume – he has two goals in his career, all from the 2010-11 season – he has to be thanking his lucky stars that his chance is coming in a familiar situation.
Now he just needs to be lucky enough injury-wise to give a real shot.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 67
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)