Jun 26, 2012, 12:03 PM EST
The New York Rangers are more than set in goal with Henrik Lundqvist, but finding a solid backup has been tricky. Martin Biron has been solid behind King Henrik the past two seasons and the soon-to-be free agent is someone the team would like to keep around.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post hears from Biron’s agent about how the Rangers are trying to keep his client in town.
“We have had several positive discussions with the Rangers that are hopefully headed in the right direction, because Marty’s first choice is to remain in New York,” Biron’s agent, Peter Fish, told The Post yesterday. “The Rangers have made it clear that they want to keep him, but there is still some work to be done.”
The catch here for the Rangers is Biron makes for an attractive backup option for other teams with money to spend. Philadelphia once had Biron and with Sergei Bobrovsky now in Columbus, they’ll need someone solid to backup Ilya Bryzgalov. Biron was popular during his time in Philly and could fit there again.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)