Jun 26, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The New York Rangers are more than set in goal with Henrik Lundqvist, but finding a solid backup has been tricky. Martin Biron has been solid behind King Henrik the past two seasons and the soon-to-be free agent is someone the team would like to keep around.
Larry Brooks of the New York Post hears from Biron’s agent about how the Rangers are trying to keep his client in town.
“We have had several positive discussions with the Rangers that are hopefully headed in the right direction, because Marty’s first choice is to remain in New York,” Biron’s agent, Peter Fish, told The Post yesterday. “The Rangers have made it clear that they want to keep him, but there is still some work to be done.”
The catch here for the Rangers is Biron makes for an attractive backup option for other teams with money to spend. Philadelphia once had Biron and with Sergei Bobrovsky now in Columbus, they’ll need someone solid to backup Ilya Bryzgalov. Biron was popular during his time in Philly and could fit there again.
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 8
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- Play Video: Are the Red Wings a true contender?
- Play Video: Chara bleeds after being struck by high-stick
- Play Video: Time to play Pucktionary
- Play Video: Roenick not happy with call against Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Must-win Game 3 at MSG
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3