Jun 26, 2012, 4:53 PM EST
Breaking: Dale Hunter hockey wasn’t Alex Ovechkin’s kind of hockey.
In Chicago for union meetings, Washington’s captain expressed optimism that the Capitals will return to their old, up-tempo ways with one of the most prolific playmakers in league history, Adam Oates, as head coach.
“It’s not blocking the shots and it’s not dump and chase,” Ovechkin said, as per the Canadian Press. “Any system that I play I learn a lot. I’m an offensive guy, it’s not a secret to anybody, and I’m pretty excited and very happy to hear the Caps signed that kind of guy who likes offense.”
We’re not sure if Ovechkin actually watched the Devils with Oates behind the bench as Peter DeBoer’s assistant, since New Jersey dumped and chased all the time to set up its tenacious forecheck.
Perhaps Ovechkin meant dump and don’t chase, as per Hunter hockey.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54