Jun 26, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Breaking: Dale Hunter hockey wasn’t Alex Ovechkin’s kind of hockey.
In Chicago for union meetings, Washington’s captain expressed optimism that the Capitals will return to their old, up-tempo ways with one of the most prolific playmakers in league history, Adam Oates, as head coach.
“It’s not blocking the shots and it’s not dump and chase,” Ovechkin said, as per the Canadian Press. “Any system that I play I learn a lot. I’m an offensive guy, it’s not a secret to anybody, and I’m pretty excited and very happy to hear the Caps signed that kind of guy who likes offense.”
We’re not sure if Ovechkin actually watched the Devils with Oates behind the bench as Peter DeBoer’s assistant, since New Jersey dumped and chased all the time to set up its tenacious forecheck.
Perhaps Ovechkin meant dump and don’t chase, as per Hunter hockey.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)