Jun 25, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has it on “rock-solid authority” that the Penguins are not actively shopping defenseman Paul Martin.
The Penguins have, however, received expressions of interest about the 31-year-old, reports Molinari.
Martin has three years remaining on a contract that features a $5 million cap hit.
A puck-moving d-man that spent six seasons in New Jersey before signing with the Pens in the summer of 2010, his play has underwhelmed during the first two years of the five-year deal.
“I came to Pittsburgh because I wanted to win,” Martin told the Tribune-Review recently. “If you had told me this is where my game would be after a couple of years, I wouldn’t have believed it.”
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)