Jun 25, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has it on “rock-solid authority” that the Penguins are not actively shopping defenseman Paul Martin.
The Penguins have, however, received expressions of interest about the 31-year-old, reports Molinari.
Martin has three years remaining on a contract that features a $5 million cap hit.
A puck-moving d-man that spent six seasons in New Jersey before signing with the Pens in the summer of 2010, his play has underwhelmed during the first two years of the five-year deal.
“I came to Pittsburgh because I wanted to win,” Martin told the Tribune-Review recently. “If you had told me this is where my game would be after a couple of years, I wouldn’t have believed it.”
- Video: Rangers’ Moore dangles, scores on beauty end-to-end rush 0
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 4
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36