Jun 25, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
Dave Molinari of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has it on “rock-solid authority” that the Penguins are not actively shopping defenseman Paul Martin.
The Penguins have, however, received expressions of interest about the 31-year-old, reports Molinari.
Martin has three years remaining on a contract that features a $5 million cap hit.
A puck-moving d-man that spent six seasons in New Jersey before signing with the Pens in the summer of 2010, his play has underwhelmed during the first two years of the five-year deal.
“I came to Pittsburgh because I wanted to win,” Martin told the Tribune-Review recently. “If you had told me this is where my game would be after a couple of years, I wouldn’t have believed it.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 73
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (76)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)