Jun 25, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
Roberto Luongo has been drawing all sorts of trade interest this summer, especially from Brian Burke and the Maple Leafs, but if reports are to be believed, he doesn’t have any interest in going to Toronto.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that, according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade clause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.
While Toronto and Florida are known entities in the hunt for Luongo at this point, Portzline reported last night on Twitter that Chicago was also an interested party. Go ahead and take a minute to wrap your head around that possibility. The Panthers, of course, are one of Luongo’s former teams and South Florida is an area Luongo loves.
Should this report hold true through the summer, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is going to have quite a battle on his hands with Florida GM Dale Tallon, who’s said he wouldn’t give up the farm to get Luongo.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)