Jun 25, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
Roberto Luongo has been drawing all sorts of trade interest this summer, especially from Brian Burke and the Maple Leafs, but if reports are to be believed, he doesn’t have any interest in going to Toronto.
Aaron Portzline of The Columbus Dispatch tweets this morning that, according to his sources, Luongo has declined to waive his no-trade clause to go to either Toronto or Chicago and will only agree to do so for a deal to the Florida Panthers.
While Toronto and Florida are known entities in the hunt for Luongo at this point, Portzline reported last night on Twitter that Chicago was also an interested party. Go ahead and take a minute to wrap your head around that possibility. The Panthers, of course, are one of Luongo’s former teams and South Florida is an area Luongo loves.
Should this report hold true through the summer, Canucks GM Mike Gillis is going to have quite a battle on his hands with Florida GM Dale Tallon, who’s said he wouldn’t give up the farm to get Luongo.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'