Jun 25, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
The Hockey Hall of Fame has announced its 2012 inductee class will be revealed on Tuesday, June 26 (which you can watch on the NHL Network, beginning at 3 p.m. ET.)
The 2012 class has been buzzworthy for a while, pegged as one of the most star-studded fields ever — first-time eligible candidates include Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Mats Sundin, Jeremy Roenick, Curtis Joseph, Gary Roberts and Claude Lemieux.
(Other eligible players that have been passed over previously include Dave Andreychuk, Pavel Bure, Phil Housley, Kevin Lowe, Steve Larmer, Eric Lindros and Alex Mogilny, to name a few.)
In any given year, a maximum of four players can be inducted, which is what we saw in 2011 as Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk were inducted. Of note, only Belfour got in on the first ballot.
In 2010, the Hall only inducted one NHLer — Dino Ciccarelli.
So, onto the poll we go. Do note that, because of the large number of players, I had to cut the list off somewhere. If you see someone not on it, feel free to add his name in the comments section.
Vote now! (Remember, maximum of four entrants)
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)