Jun 25, 2012, 2:33 PM EST
The Hockey Hall of Fame has announced its 2012 inductee class will be revealed on Tuesday, June 26 (which you can watch on the NHL Network, beginning at 3 p.m. ET.)
The 2012 class has been buzzworthy for a while, pegged as one of the most star-studded fields ever — first-time eligible candidates include Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Mats Sundin, Jeremy Roenick, Curtis Joseph, Gary Roberts and Claude Lemieux.
(Other eligible players that have been passed over previously include Dave Andreychuk, Pavel Bure, Phil Housley, Kevin Lowe, Steve Larmer, Eric Lindros and Alex Mogilny, to name a few.)
In any given year, a maximum of four players can be inducted, which is what we saw in 2011 as Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk were inducted. Of note, only Belfour got in on the first ballot.
In 2010, the Hall only inducted one NHLer — Dino Ciccarelli.
So, onto the poll we go. Do note that, because of the large number of players, I had to cut the list off somewhere. If you see someone not on it, feel free to add his name in the comments section.
Vote now! (Remember, maximum of four entrants)
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 1
- BREAKING: Flames fire Feaster 29
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 14
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 76
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 32
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)