Jun 25, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
The Hockey Hall of Fame has announced its 2012 inductee class will be revealed on Tuesday, June 26 (which you can watch on the NHL Network, beginning at 3 p.m. ET.)
The 2012 class has been buzzworthy for a while, pegged as one of the most star-studded fields ever — first-time eligible candidates include Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Mats Sundin, Jeremy Roenick, Curtis Joseph, Gary Roberts and Claude Lemieux.
(Other eligible players that have been passed over previously include Dave Andreychuk, Pavel Bure, Phil Housley, Kevin Lowe, Steve Larmer, Eric Lindros and Alex Mogilny, to name a few.)
In any given year, a maximum of four players can be inducted, which is what we saw in 2011 as Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk were inducted. Of note, only Belfour got in on the first ballot.
In 2010, the Hall only inducted one NHLer — Dino Ciccarelli.
So, onto the poll we go. Do note that, because of the large number of players, I had to cut the list off somewhere. If you see someone not on it, feel free to add his name in the comments section.
Vote now! (Remember, maximum of four entrants)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (85)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (76)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (38)