Jun 25, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT
The Hockey Hall of Fame has announced its 2012 inductee class will be revealed on Tuesday, June 26 (which you can watch on the NHL Network, beginning at 3 p.m. ET.)
The 2012 class has been buzzworthy for a while, pegged as one of the most star-studded fields ever — first-time eligible candidates include Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Mats Sundin, Jeremy Roenick, Curtis Joseph, Gary Roberts and Claude Lemieux.
(Other eligible players that have been passed over previously include Dave Andreychuk, Pavel Bure, Phil Housley, Kevin Lowe, Steve Larmer, Eric Lindros and Alex Mogilny, to name a few.)
In any given year, a maximum of four players can be inducted, which is what we saw in 2011 as Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk were inducted. Of note, only Belfour got in on the first ballot.
In 2010, the Hall only inducted one NHLer — Dino Ciccarelli.
So, onto the poll we go. Do note that, because of the large number of players, I had to cut the list off somewhere. If you see someone not on it, feel free to add his name in the comments section.
Vote now! (Remember, maximum of four entrants)
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 3
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 3
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 10
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 3
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)