Jun 25, 2012, 2:33 PM EST
The Hockey Hall of Fame has announced its 2012 inductee class will be revealed on Tuesday, June 26 (which you can watch on the NHL Network, beginning at 3 p.m. ET.)
The 2012 class has been buzzworthy for a while, pegged as one of the most star-studded fields ever — first-time eligible candidates include Joe Sakic, Brendan Shanahan, Mats Sundin, Jeremy Roenick, Curtis Joseph, Gary Roberts and Claude Lemieux.
(Other eligible players that have been passed over previously include Dave Andreychuk, Pavel Bure, Phil Housley, Kevin Lowe, Steve Larmer, Eric Lindros and Alex Mogilny, to name a few.)
In any given year, a maximum of four players can be inducted, which is what we saw in 2011 as Ed Belfour, Doug Gilmour, Mark Howe and Joe Nieuwendyk were inducted. Of note, only Belfour got in on the first ballot.
In 2010, the Hall only inducted one NHLer — Dino Ciccarelli.
So, onto the poll we go. Do note that, because of the large number of players, I had to cut the list off somewhere. If you see someone not on it, feel free to add his name in the comments section.
Vote now! (Remember, maximum of four entrants)
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)