Jun 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun hears from the new Flyers defenseman about what he learned starting his career in Toronto and what he’s looking forward to in Philly.
“You’re going to have ups and downs in the course of your career,” Schenn said. “I leave with no regrets. You find that four years can fly by pretty quickly in this league.
“I’m going to a team that’s been competitive every year and has made the playoffs. I’m looking forward to that.”
Schenn also said he believes the Leafs have a playoff-caliber team. It’s nice of him to say sweet things like that. Schenn does have a lot to look forward to in Philly aside from instant playoff hopes, including playing with his brother, Brayden Schenn. Now he’ll just hope he’s got more ups than downs from here on out.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)