Jun 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun hears from the new Flyers defenseman about what he learned starting his career in Toronto and what he’s looking forward to in Philly.
“You’re going to have ups and downs in the course of your career,” Schenn said. “I leave with no regrets. You find that four years can fly by pretty quickly in this league.
“I’m going to a team that’s been competitive every year and has made the playoffs. I’m looking forward to that.”
Schenn also said he believes the Leafs have a playoff-caliber team. It’s nice of him to say sweet things like that. Schenn does have a lot to look forward to in Philly aside from instant playoff hopes, including playing with his brother, Brayden Schenn. Now he’ll just hope he’s got more ups than downs from here on out.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 36
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (38)