Jun 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EST
Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun hears from the new Flyers defenseman about what he learned starting his career in Toronto and what he’s looking forward to in Philly.
“You’re going to have ups and downs in the course of your career,” Schenn said. “I leave with no regrets. You find that four years can fly by pretty quickly in this league.
“I’m going to a team that’s been competitive every year and has made the playoffs. I’m looking forward to that.”
Schenn also said he believes the Leafs have a playoff-caliber team. It’s nice of him to say sweet things like that. Schenn does have a lot to look forward to in Philly aside from instant playoff hopes, including playing with his brother, Brayden Schenn. Now he’ll just hope he’s got more ups than downs from here on out.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 6
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54