Jun 25, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Lance Hornby of the Toronto Sun hears from the new Flyers defenseman about what he learned starting his career in Toronto and what he’s looking forward to in Philly.
“You’re going to have ups and downs in the course of your career,” Schenn said. “I leave with no regrets. You find that four years can fly by pretty quickly in this league.
“I’m going to a team that’s been competitive every year and has made the playoffs. I’m looking forward to that.”
Schenn also said he believes the Leafs have a playoff-caliber team. It’s nice of him to say sweet things like that. Schenn does have a lot to look forward to in Philly aside from instant playoff hopes, including playing with his brother, Brayden Schenn. Now he’ll just hope he’s got more ups than downs from here on out.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 0
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 1
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 4
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5