Jun 25, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
There’s an old-new name you can add to this summer’s possible trade list: Dallas forward Steve Ott.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports Ott is still available to be had from the Stars but clarifies the team could hang on to him if they don’t get a deal to their liking.
You may recall Ott was reportedly available before the trade deadline under similar conditions but didn’t want to be dealt. Now with Mike Ribeiro in Washington, the Stars will look a bit thin at center should they decide to move him.
Ott is a valuable faceoff guy as well as someone who doesn’t take much crap from opponents. A team in need of a tough guy center who gets you faceoff wins and grit (Buffalo? Montreal?) should at least be giving Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk a ring.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)