Jun 25, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
There’s an old-new name you can add to this summer’s possible trade list: Dallas forward Steve Ott.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports Ott is still available to be had from the Stars but clarifies the team could hang on to him if they don’t get a deal to their liking.
You may recall Ott was reportedly available before the trade deadline under similar conditions but didn’t want to be dealt. Now with Mike Ribeiro in Washington, the Stars will look a bit thin at center should they decide to move him.
Ott is a valuable faceoff guy as well as someone who doesn’t take much crap from opponents. A team in need of a tough guy center who gets you faceoff wins and grit (Buffalo? Montreal?) should at least be giving Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk a ring.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1