Jun 25, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
There’s an old-new name you can add to this summer’s possible trade list: Dallas forward Steve Ott.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports Ott is still available to be had from the Stars but clarifies the team could hang on to him if they don’t get a deal to their liking.
You may recall Ott was reportedly available before the trade deadline under similar conditions but didn’t want to be dealt. Now with Mike Ribeiro in Washington, the Stars will look a bit thin at center should they decide to move him.
Ott is a valuable faceoff guy as well as someone who doesn’t take much crap from opponents. A team in need of a tough guy center who gets you faceoff wins and grit (Buffalo? Montreal?) should at least be giving Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk a ring.
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 2
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 8
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)