Jun 25, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
There’s an old-new name you can add to this summer’s possible trade list: Dallas forward Steve Ott.
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports Ott is still available to be had from the Stars but clarifies the team could hang on to him if they don’t get a deal to their liking.
You may recall Ott was reportedly available before the trade deadline under similar conditions but didn’t want to be dealt. Now with Mike Ribeiro in Washington, the Stars will look a bit thin at center should they decide to move him.
Ott is a valuable faceoff guy as well as someone who doesn’t take much crap from opponents. A team in need of a tough guy center who gets you faceoff wins and grit (Buffalo? Montreal?) should at least be giving Dallas GM Joe Nieuwendyk a ring.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)