Jun 25, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
Craig Renetzky, Doughty’s attorney, told Hammond that a decision for the case is “not likely to occur” on Monday, but “will most likely be made on Tuesday.”
Doughty, 23, could face charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault in early March.
Here’s what the L.A. Times wrote on June 19:
Sgt. Robert Higgins said the 25-year-old woman told police she met Doughty at a bar near the Hermosa Beach Pier on March 1. The two went to Doughty’s home, where she turned down a proposition in front of several teammates.
They took a cab to her home, where she accused Doughty of raping her.
The woman reported the incident to police the same day.
Higgins said detectives asked her to call the hockey player while they listened, but she refused. He said the woman has been “less than cooperative” and that the district attorney’s office and police have “found credibility problems.”
The district attorney is expected to decide by Friday whether to prosecute, he said.
The woman has hired attorney Gloria Allred to represent her.
Renetzky later took to Twitter to announce he was representing Doughty in response to the allegations. He has a history of representing NHLers in legal matters, including Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek and former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy.
Renetzky has stated throughout the past week that he doesn’t expect the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office to file charges.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 10
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 25
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 6
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)