Jun 25, 2012, 5:41 PM EDT
Craig Renetzky, Doughty’s attorney, told Hammond that a decision for the case is “not likely to occur” on Monday, but “will most likely be made on Tuesday.”
Doughty, 23, could face charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault in early March.
Here’s what the L.A. Times wrote on June 19:
Sgt. Robert Higgins said the 25-year-old woman told police she met Doughty at a bar near the Hermosa Beach Pier on March 1. The two went to Doughty’s home, where she turned down a proposition in front of several teammates.
They took a cab to her home, where she accused Doughty of raping her.
The woman reported the incident to police the same day.
Higgins said detectives asked her to call the hockey player while they listened, but she refused. He said the woman has been “less than cooperative” and that the district attorney’s office and police have “found credibility problems.”
The district attorney is expected to decide by Friday whether to prosecute, he said.
The woman has hired attorney Gloria Allred to represent her.
Renetzky later took to Twitter to announce he was representing Doughty in response to the allegations. He has a history of representing NHLers in legal matters, including Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek and former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy.
Renetzky has stated throughout the past week that he doesn’t expect the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office to file charges.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 12
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 6
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)