Jun 25, 2012, 5:41 PM EST
Craig Renetzky, Doughty’s attorney, told Hammond that a decision for the case is “not likely to occur” on Monday, but “will most likely be made on Tuesday.”
Doughty, 23, could face charges stemming from an alleged sexual assault in early March.
Here’s what the L.A. Times wrote on June 19:
Sgt. Robert Higgins said the 25-year-old woman told police she met Doughty at a bar near the Hermosa Beach Pier on March 1. The two went to Doughty’s home, where she turned down a proposition in front of several teammates.
They took a cab to her home, where she accused Doughty of raping her.
The woman reported the incident to police the same day.
Higgins said detectives asked her to call the hockey player while they listened, but she refused. He said the woman has been “less than cooperative” and that the district attorney’s office and police have “found credibility problems.”
The district attorney is expected to decide by Friday whether to prosecute, he said.
The woman has hired attorney Gloria Allred to represent her.
Renetzky later took to Twitter to announce he was representing Doughty in response to the allegations. He has a history of representing NHLers in legal matters, including Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek and former Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy.
Renetzky has stated throughout the past week that he doesn’t expect the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office to file charges.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)