Jun 24, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Ottawa is not one of the destinations listed on Rick Nash’s preferred list. He could still change the list and approve a trade there, but it’s not clear if he’ll do just that.
Moving to Ottawa would give Nash an opportunity to play alongside Jason Spezza and be part of a young team that’s moved along nicely in their rebuilding efforts. At the same time, Nash might be tired of being part of a rebuild and want to go to a team that’s capable of winning the Stanley Cup next season.
The question is if there’s a potential Stanley Cup contender out there that’s willing to even come close to meeting the Columbus Blue Jackets’ high demands. The Philadelphia Flyers might have abandoned the possibility of going after Nash when they traded James van Riemsdyk to Toronto. Columbus was reportedly counting on van Riemsdyk to be part of a potential Nash deal.
Columbus will probably wait until after July 1 to trade Nash in the hopes that teams will be willing to offer more for him after Zach Parise has a contract.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)