Jun 24, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Ottawa is not one of the destinations listed on Rick Nash’s preferred list. He could still change the list and approve a trade there, but it’s not clear if he’ll do just that.
Moving to Ottawa would give Nash an opportunity to play alongside Jason Spezza and be part of a young team that’s moved along nicely in their rebuilding efforts. At the same time, Nash might be tired of being part of a rebuild and want to go to a team that’s capable of winning the Stanley Cup next season.
The question is if there’s a potential Stanley Cup contender out there that’s willing to even come close to meeting the Columbus Blue Jackets’ high demands. The Philadelphia Flyers might have abandoned the possibility of going after Nash when they traded James van Riemsdyk to Toronto. Columbus was reportedly counting on van Riemsdyk to be part of a potential Nash deal.
Columbus will probably wait until after July 1 to trade Nash in the hopes that teams will be willing to offer more for him after Zach Parise has a contract.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)