Jun 24, 2012, 12:10 PM EDT
The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Ottawa is not one of the destinations listed on Rick Nash’s preferred list. He could still change the list and approve a trade there, but it’s not clear if he’ll do just that.
Moving to Ottawa would give Nash an opportunity to play alongside Jason Spezza and be part of a young team that’s moved along nicely in their rebuilding efforts. At the same time, Nash might be tired of being part of a rebuild and want to go to a team that’s capable of winning the Stanley Cup next season.
The question is if there’s a potential Stanley Cup contender out there that’s willing to even come close to meeting the Columbus Blue Jackets’ high demands. The Philadelphia Flyers might have abandoned the possibility of going after Nash when they traded James van Riemsdyk to Toronto. Columbus was reportedly counting on van Riemsdyk to be part of a potential Nash deal.
Columbus will probably wait until after July 1 to trade Nash in the hopes that teams will be willing to offer more for him after Zach Parise has a contract.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 9
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)