Jun 24, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Matt Duchene is coming off of a disappointing season where he had just 28 points in 58 games. He recently inked a two-year, $7 million deal with the Avs and will need to bounce back if he wants his next contract to be bigger.
According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, Duchene has decided to live in Los Angeles for part of the summer so that he work with trainer Andy O’Brien and Sidney Crosby. O’Brien has been helping Crosby for years and might be of benefit to Duchene.
Dater reported that Duchene is feeling better than ever and he’s been working on his core muscles.
If you’re interested in the type of workout that top-tier NHL players engage in, O’Brien made a video of some of his exercises, as demonstrated by Crosby.
You can watch it below:
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)