Jun 24, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Matt Duchene is coming off of a disappointing season where he had just 28 points in 58 games. He recently inked a two-year, $7 million deal with the Avs and will need to bounce back if he wants his next contract to be bigger.
According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, Duchene has decided to live in Los Angeles for part of the summer so that he work with trainer Andy O’Brien and Sidney Crosby. O’Brien has been helping Crosby for years and might be of benefit to Duchene.
Dater reported that Duchene is feeling better than ever and he’s been working on his core muscles.
If you’re interested in the type of workout that top-tier NHL players engage in, O’Brien made a video of some of his exercises, as demonstrated by Crosby.
You can watch it below:
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)