Jun 24, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Matt Duchene is coming off of a disappointing season where he had just 28 points in 58 games. He recently inked a two-year, $7 million deal with the Avs and will need to bounce back if he wants his next contract to be bigger.
According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, Duchene has decided to live in Los Angeles for part of the summer so that he work with trainer Andy O’Brien and Sidney Crosby. O’Brien has been helping Crosby for years and might be of benefit to Duchene.
Dater reported that Duchene is feeling better than ever and he’s been working on his core muscles.
If you’re interested in the type of workout that top-tier NHL players engage in, O’Brien made a video of some of his exercises, as demonstrated by Crosby.
You can watch it below:
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)