Jun 24, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Matt Duchene is coming off of a disappointing season where he had just 28 points in 58 games. He recently inked a two-year, $7 million deal with the Avs and will need to bounce back if he wants his next contract to be bigger.
According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, Duchene has decided to live in Los Angeles for part of the summer so that he work with trainer Andy O’Brien and Sidney Crosby. O’Brien has been helping Crosby for years and might be of benefit to Duchene.
Dater reported that Duchene is feeling better than ever and he’s been working on his core muscles.
If you’re interested in the type of workout that top-tier NHL players engage in, O’Brien made a video of some of his exercises, as demonstrated by Crosby.
You can watch it below:
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 11
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)