Jun 24, 2012, 4:02 PM EDT
Matt Duchene is coming off of a disappointing season where he had just 28 points in 58 games. He recently inked a two-year, $7 million deal with the Avs and will need to bounce back if he wants his next contract to be bigger.
According to Adrian Dater of the Denver Post, Duchene has decided to live in Los Angeles for part of the summer so that he work with trainer Andy O’Brien and Sidney Crosby. O’Brien has been helping Crosby for years and might be of benefit to Duchene.
Dater reported that Duchene is feeling better than ever and he’s been working on his core muscles.
If you’re interested in the type of workout that top-tier NHL players engage in, O’Brien made a video of some of his exercises, as demonstrated by Crosby.
You can watch it below:
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)