Jun 23, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Tallon tells George Richards of The Miami Herald he won’t surrender any top prospects to get the 33-year-old goalie. The Panthers and Canucks have done business often in the past including the deal that sent Luongo to Vancouver back in 2006.
Florida has one of the better bank of prospects in the NHL and with Canucks GM Mike Gillis looking to score big on a deal, he’d want to have his choice of players to pick from. Gillis tells Jason Botchford that he’s the guy getting in the way of any deal involving Luongo.
“It hasn’t been close for me. I am the problem.”
At least he owns it. That said, the chances of Luongo returning to South Florida seem to be higher than they were even a week ago with Tampa Bay and Columbus making moves for goalies since then. The Panthers could wind up being Luongo’s salvation out of Vancouver after all.
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 1
- Wounded Wing: Howard (MCL sprain) out 2-4 weeks 2
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 56
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 28
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 46
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 85
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)