Jun 23, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Tallon tells George Richards of The Miami Herald he won’t surrender any top prospects to get the 33-year-old goalie. The Panthers and Canucks have done business often in the past including the deal that sent Luongo to Vancouver back in 2006.
Florida has one of the better bank of prospects in the NHL and with Canucks GM Mike Gillis looking to score big on a deal, he’d want to have his choice of players to pick from. Gillis tells Jason Botchford that he’s the guy getting in the way of any deal involving Luongo.
“It hasn’t been close for me. I am the problem.”
At least he owns it. That said, the chances of Luongo returning to South Florida seem to be higher than they were even a week ago with Tampa Bay and Columbus making moves for goalies since then. The Panthers could wind up being Luongo’s salvation out of Vancouver after all.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 11
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)