Jun 23, 2012, 2:14 PM EST
Tallon tells George Richards of The Miami Herald he won’t surrender any top prospects to get the 33-year-old goalie. The Panthers and Canucks have done business often in the past including the deal that sent Luongo to Vancouver back in 2006.
Florida has one of the better bank of prospects in the NHL and with Canucks GM Mike Gillis looking to score big on a deal, he’d want to have his choice of players to pick from. Gillis tells Jason Botchford that he’s the guy getting in the way of any deal involving Luongo.
“It hasn’t been close for me. I am the problem.”
At least he owns it. That said, the chances of Luongo returning to South Florida seem to be higher than they were even a week ago with Tampa Bay and Columbus making moves for goalies since then. The Panthers could wind up being Luongo’s salvation out of Vancouver after all.
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 32
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 1
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 16
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 27
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 23
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)