Jun 23, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Tallon tells George Richards of The Miami Herald he won’t surrender any top prospects to get the 33-year-old goalie. The Panthers and Canucks have done business often in the past including the deal that sent Luongo to Vancouver back in 2006.
Florida has one of the better bank of prospects in the NHL and with Canucks GM Mike Gillis looking to score big on a deal, he’d want to have his choice of players to pick from. Gillis tells Jason Botchford that he’s the guy getting in the way of any deal involving Luongo.
“It hasn’t been close for me. I am the problem.”
At least he owns it. That said, the chances of Luongo returning to South Florida seem to be higher than they were even a week ago with Tampa Bay and Columbus making moves for goalies since then. The Panthers could wind up being Luongo’s salvation out of Vancouver after all.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 10
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)