Jun 23, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets did well to add goaltending in Sergei Bobrovsky ahead of the draft but GM Scott Howson says his team needs more.
Rob Mixer of the Blue Jacket’s website hears from Howson about how the Jackets are “well-stocked” on goalies and how goaltending is still an issue he wants to solve. Howson says he’d like to add a goalie who can play in the NHL and wants to add a couple more pro goalies.
The Blue Jackets as it is have Bobrovsky, Steve Mason, and Allen York in net. York is in need of more seasoning in the AHL while Mason is guy who is virtually on the outs in Columbus, especially with Bobrovsky now in town.
The question now is: How does Howson go about fixing it with who is out there on the free agent market?
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)