Jun 23, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
The Columbus Blue Jackets did well to add goaltending in Sergei Bobrovsky ahead of the draft but GM Scott Howson says his team needs more.
Rob Mixer of the Blue Jacket’s website hears from Howson about how the Jackets are “well-stocked” on goalies and how goaltending is still an issue he wants to solve. Howson says he’d like to add a goalie who can play in the NHL and wants to add a couple more pro goalies.
The Blue Jackets as it is have Bobrovsky, Steve Mason, and Allen York in net. York is in need of more seasoning in the AHL while Mason is guy who is virtually on the outs in Columbus, especially with Bobrovsky now in town.
The question now is: How does Howson go about fixing it with who is out there on the free agent market?
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)