Jun 23, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets did well to add goaltending in Sergei Bobrovsky ahead of the draft but GM Scott Howson says his team needs more.
Rob Mixer of the Blue Jacket’s website hears from Howson about how the Jackets are “well-stocked” on goalies and how goaltending is still an issue he wants to solve. Howson says he’d like to add a goalie who can play in the NHL and wants to add a couple more pro goalies.
The Blue Jackets as it is have Bobrovsky, Steve Mason, and Allen York in net. York is in need of more seasoning in the AHL while Mason is guy who is virtually on the outs in Columbus, especially with Bobrovsky now in town.
The question now is: How does Howson go about fixing it with who is out there on the free agent market?
- Players leave ice after Peverley collapses on Stars bench 0
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 5
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 18
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)