Jun 23, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets did well to add goaltending in Sergei Bobrovsky ahead of the draft but GM Scott Howson says his team needs more.
Rob Mixer of the Blue Jacket’s website hears from Howson about how the Jackets are “well-stocked” on goalies and how goaltending is still an issue he wants to solve. Howson says he’d like to add a goalie who can play in the NHL and wants to add a couple more pro goalies.
The Blue Jackets as it is have Bobrovsky, Steve Mason, and Allen York in net. York is in need of more seasoning in the AHL while Mason is guy who is virtually on the outs in Columbus, especially with Bobrovsky now in town.
The question now is: How does Howson go about fixing it with who is out there on the free agent market?
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 50
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)