Jun 23, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
As you might recall, Sharks coach Todd McLellan was struck by a player’s stick on Feb. 26. He went to the locker room and was later diagnosed with a concussion. He was back behind the bench on March 6, but that wasn’t the end of the story.
“That was tough for me because I lived the concussion part of it for the rest of the season. I had headaches, and lived on Tylenol for the most part,” McLellan told Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea. “I went for a physical at the end of the year, and obviously had to make some changes to get healthier and to help that process. I’ve done that now over the summer, and I feel pretty good and ready to go.”
McLellan lost weight and was able to get more rest once the Sharks were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. That helped him get to a point he didn’t need to live on Tylenol.
Still, he insists the concussion didn’t affect his job.
Although there was some initial speculation that McLellan might be replaced over the summer, he will return for the 2012-13 season.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)