Jun 23, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
As you might recall, Sharks coach Todd McLellan was struck by a player’s stick on Feb. 26. He went to the locker room and was later diagnosed with a concussion. He was back behind the bench on March 6, but that wasn’t the end of the story.
“That was tough for me because I lived the concussion part of it for the rest of the season. I had headaches, and lived on Tylenol for the most part,” McLellan told Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea. “I went for a physical at the end of the year, and obviously had to make some changes to get healthier and to help that process. I’ve done that now over the summer, and I feel pretty good and ready to go.”
McLellan lost weight and was able to get more rest once the Sharks were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. That helped him get to a point he didn’t need to live on Tylenol.
Still, he insists the concussion didn’t affect his job.
Although there was some initial speculation that McLellan might be replaced over the summer, he will return for the 2012-13 season.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 38
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 34
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 30
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (39)