Jun 23, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
As you might recall, Sharks coach Todd McLellan was struck by a player’s stick on Feb. 26. He went to the locker room and was later diagnosed with a concussion. He was back behind the bench on March 6, but that wasn’t the end of the story.
“That was tough for me because I lived the concussion part of it for the rest of the season. I had headaches, and lived on Tylenol for the most part,” McLellan told Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea. “I went for a physical at the end of the year, and obviously had to make some changes to get healthier and to help that process. I’ve done that now over the summer, and I feel pretty good and ready to go.”
McLellan lost weight and was able to get more rest once the Sharks were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. That helped him get to a point he didn’t need to live on Tylenol.
Still, he insists the concussion didn’t affect his job.
Although there was some initial speculation that McLellan might be replaced over the summer, he will return for the 2012-13 season.
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 2
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 58
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)