Jun 23, 2012, 7:30 PM EDT
As you might recall, Sharks coach Todd McLellan was struck by a player’s stick on Feb. 26. He went to the locker room and was later diagnosed with a concussion. He was back behind the bench on March 6, but that wasn’t the end of the story.
“That was tough for me because I lived the concussion part of it for the rest of the season. I had headaches, and lived on Tylenol for the most part,” McLellan told Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea. “I went for a physical at the end of the year, and obviously had to make some changes to get healthier and to help that process. I’ve done that now over the summer, and I feel pretty good and ready to go.”
McLellan lost weight and was able to get more rest once the Sharks were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. That helped him get to a point he didn’t need to live on Tylenol.
Still, he insists the concussion didn’t affect his job.
Although there was some initial speculation that McLellan might be replaced over the summer, he will return for the 2012-13 season.
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 0
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 6
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 31
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)