Jun 23, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington is reporting that Capitals GM George McPhee has completed the interviews for the Washington Capitals’ vacant coaching gig. As a result, we might find out who Dale Hunter’s replacement will be as early as next week.
“I might be leaning one way,” McPhee said. “We’ll see. I’ve got a few more questions to ask next week, not of these people, but of people who know them.
“We might be able to wrap it up this week and if we do that’d be nice. But I can’t promise anything.”
The main contenders for the position seem to be Devils assistant coach Adam Oates, former Blackhawks assistant coach Mike Haviland, and AHL Norfolk head coach Jon Cooper.
“They’re really good candidates,” McPhee said. “The hard part is picking the best one or the best fit because they’re all terrific. I’ve really enjoyed meeting these people and spending time with them.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)