Jun 23, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT
Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington is reporting that Capitals GM George McPhee has completed the interviews for the Washington Capitals’ vacant coaching gig. As a result, we might find out who Dale Hunter’s replacement will be as early as next week.
“I might be leaning one way,” McPhee said. “We’ll see. I’ve got a few more questions to ask next week, not of these people, but of people who know them.
“We might be able to wrap it up this week and if we do that’d be nice. But I can’t promise anything.”
The main contenders for the position seem to be Devils assistant coach Adam Oates, former Blackhawks assistant coach Mike Haviland, and AHL Norfolk head coach Jon Cooper.
“They’re really good candidates,” McPhee said. “The hard part is picking the best one or the best fit because they’re all terrific. I’ve really enjoyed meeting these people and spending time with them.”
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)