Jun 23, 2012, 4:44 PM EST
Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington is reporting that Capitals GM George McPhee has completed the interviews for the Washington Capitals’ vacant coaching gig. As a result, we might find out who Dale Hunter’s replacement will be as early as next week.
“I might be leaning one way,” McPhee said. “We’ll see. I’ve got a few more questions to ask next week, not of these people, but of people who know them.
“We might be able to wrap it up this week and if we do that’d be nice. But I can’t promise anything.”
The main contenders for the position seem to be Devils assistant coach Adam Oates, former Blackhawks assistant coach Mike Haviland, and AHL Norfolk head coach Jon Cooper.
“They’re really good candidates,” McPhee said. “The hard part is picking the best one or the best fit because they’re all terrific. I’ve really enjoyed meeting these people and spending time with them.”
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 14
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 32
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11