Jun 22, 2012, 7:38 PM EDT
Ribeiro, 32, had 63 points in 74 games for Dallas last year, finishing tied for first in assists (45). He’s in the final year of a deal that pays $5 million annually and, according to Capgeek, had a modified no-trade clause (could specify a 10-team no-trade list.)
Eakin, 21, was taken in the third round (85th overall) at the 2009 draft and made his NHL debut this seaason. He went on to play in 30 games for Washington, recording 4G-4A-8PTS.
It’s an interesting deal for Washington. The move sees Ribeiro return to the Eastern Conference (he played in Montreal from 1999-2006), where he’ll likely replace the offense lost with Alex Semin, who appears ready to bolt the Caps on July 1.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25