Jun 22, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
It wasn’t an outright shocker, but it was still somewhat surprising when the Anaheim Ducks selected Swedish defenseman Hampus Lindholm with the sixth overall pick.
Lindholm was the fourth-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting. He was behind Filip Forsberg, Teuvo, Teravainen and Sebastian Colberg, not one of whom was selected before him.
According to Pierre McGuire, Teuvo’s never had a sip of alcohol.
So….yeah. Hampus Lindholm, everyone.
Not a drinker.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 5
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)