Jun 22, 2012, 8:14 PM EST
It wasn’t an outright shocker, but it was still somewhat surprising when the Anaheim Ducks selected Swedish defenseman Hampus Lindholm with the sixth overall pick.
Lindholm was the fourth-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting. He was behind Filip Forsberg, Teuvo, Teravainen and Sebastian Colberg, not one of whom was selected before him.
According to Pierre McGuire, Teuvo’s never had a sip of alcohol.
So….yeah. Hampus Lindholm, everyone.
Not a drinker.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 35
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)