Jun 22, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
It wasn’t an outright shocker, but it was still somewhat surprising when the Anaheim Ducks selected Swedish defenseman Hampus Lindholm with the sixth overall pick.
Lindholm was the fourth-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting. He was behind Filip Forsberg, Teuvo, Teravainen and Sebastian Colberg, not one of whom was selected before him.
According to Pierre McGuire, Teuvo’s never had a sip of alcohol.
So….yeah. Hampus Lindholm, everyone.
Not a drinker.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)