Jun 22, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
It wasn’t an outright shocker, but it was still somewhat surprising when the Anaheim Ducks selected Swedish defenseman Hampus Lindholm with the sixth overall pick.
Lindholm was the fourth-ranked European skater by NHL Central Scouting. He was behind Filip Forsberg, Teuvo, Teravainen and Sebastian Colberg, not one of whom was selected before him.
According to Pierre McGuire, Teuvo’s never had a sip of alcohol.
So….yeah. Hampus Lindholm, everyone.
Not a drinker.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)