Jun 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
According to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the Flyers are looking to make a splash on defense — but not in the way you might think.
More, from Panaccio:
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is canvassing offers for Yandle. A source told CSNPhilly.com on Friday night that the Flyers would like to get in on Yandle, but so do the Detroit Red Wings and other teams.
One of the Flyers’ greatest needs this summer is shoring up their defense given that Chris Pronger is not expected to play next season with post-concussion syndrome.
Yandle, 25, has a deal that runs through 2015-16 with a $5.25 million cap hit (the Coyotes inked him last July.) It’s fairly comparable to Pronger’s annual $4.9 million cap hit, which could be freed up if Pronger stays on long term injured reserve.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 0
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 5
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 69
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (69)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)