Jun 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EST
According to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the Flyers are looking to make a splash on defense — but not in the way you might think.
More, from Panaccio:
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is canvassing offers for Yandle. A source told CSNPhilly.com on Friday night that the Flyers would like to get in on Yandle, but so do the Detroit Red Wings and other teams.
One of the Flyers’ greatest needs this summer is shoring up their defense given that Chris Pronger is not expected to play next season with post-concussion syndrome.
Yandle, 25, has a deal that runs through 2015-16 with a $5.25 million cap hit (the Coyotes inked him last July.) It’s fairly comparable to Pronger’s annual $4.9 million cap hit, which could be freed up if Pronger stays on long term injured reserve.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)