Jun 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
According to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the Flyers are looking to make a splash on defense — but not in the way you might think.
More, from Panaccio:
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is canvassing offers for Yandle. A source told CSNPhilly.com on Friday night that the Flyers would like to get in on Yandle, but so do the Detroit Red Wings and other teams.
One of the Flyers’ greatest needs this summer is shoring up their defense given that Chris Pronger is not expected to play next season with post-concussion syndrome.
Yandle, 25, has a deal that runs through 2015-16 with a $5.25 million cap hit (the Coyotes inked him last July.) It’s fairly comparable to Pronger’s annual $4.9 million cap hit, which could be freed up if Pronger stays on long term injured reserve.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)