Jun 22, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
According to Tim Panaccio of CSN Philadelphia, the Flyers are looking to make a splash on defense — but not in the way you might think.
More, from Panaccio:
Coyotes general manager Don Maloney is canvassing offers for Yandle. A source told CSNPhilly.com on Friday night that the Flyers would like to get in on Yandle, but so do the Detroit Red Wings and other teams.
One of the Flyers’ greatest needs this summer is shoring up their defense given that Chris Pronger is not expected to play next season with post-concussion syndrome.
Yandle, 25, has a deal that runs through 2015-16 with a $5.25 million cap hit (the Coyotes inked him last July.) It’s fairly comparable to Pronger’s annual $4.9 million cap hit, which could be freed up if Pronger stays on long term injured reserve.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)