Jun 22, 2012, 7:56 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs passed over the likes of Mikhail Grigorenko and Filip Forsberg with the fifth pick of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, instead selecting defenseman Morgan Rielly of the Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL).
Rielly suffered a torn ACL during the 2011-12 season and was able to appear in just 18 games, scoring three goals and adding 15 assists. According to McKeen’s, he’s a “tremendous puck-handler who dips and darts in and out of traffic” and should help a Toronto back end that’s been criticized for its lack of puck-moving ability.
For Rielly’s draft profile, click here.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 0
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 19
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20