Jun 22, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
With about a billion reporters milling around the media hotel this morning in Pittsburgh, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman decided to sit down with Patrick Roy for the most important meal of the day.
This, of course, set off all kinds of gossip among the shorts-with-black-socks set. What were Bettman and Roy talking about? It had to be about the Coyotes moving to Quebec City, right? After all, the league owns the Phoenix franchise and it’s been rumored Roy could be a key figure with the team should it move to La Belle Province.
Yahoo!’s Nick Cotsonika ran into Bettman after and told him the tête-à-tête created quite a stir. The commissioner asked Cotsonika if people were speculating. Cotsonika replied, “Of course.” To which Bettman said, “Welcome to my life.”
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32