Jun 22, 2012, 11:59 AM EST
With about a billion reporters milling around the media hotel this morning in Pittsburgh, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman decided to sit down with Patrick Roy for the most important meal of the day.
This, of course, set off all kinds of gossip among the shorts-with-black-socks set. What were Bettman and Roy talking about? It had to be about the Coyotes moving to Quebec City, right? After all, the league owns the Phoenix franchise and it’s been rumored Roy could be a key figure with the team should it move to La Belle Province.
Yahoo!’s Nick Cotsonika ran into Bettman after and told him the tête-à-tête created quite a stir. The commissioner asked Cotsonika if people were speculating. Cotsonika replied, “Of course.” To which Bettman said, “Welcome to my life.”
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46