Jun 22, 2012, 8:33 PM EDT
Teams are busy drafting and trading during the first round of the NHL Draft, but the Los Angeles Kings were taking care of their own.
Sportsnet’s Daren Millard reports the Kings re-signed center Jarret Stoll to a three-year $9.275 million deal, a cap hit that works out to just over $3 million per season. Stoll’s cap hit the previous four seasons was $3.6 million so the Kings are getting a slight break there.
Stoll flourished as the Kings’ third line center this past season slotting in behind Anze Kopitar and Mike Richards. Stoll’s effectiveness in winning faceoffs and being a general pest to opposing teams worked out pretty well for the Kings in winning the Stanley Cup.
Stoll scored just six goals and added 15 assists this past season in his new defensive role. Previously he had been good for 15-20 goals per season as L.A.’s second line center. Stoll was set to become a free agent on July 1.
Update (8:51 p.m. ET): The Kings announced they’ve also re-signed Colin Fraser for two years. Fraser was coach Darryl Sutter’s favorite player always making sure to say Fraser’s line wasn’t the fourth line but “Colin Fraser and whoever I skate with him.”
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)