Jun 22, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
Ondrej Pavelec is scheduled to become a restricted free agents and it looks like a KHL team might be able to lure him away.
The Pavelec situation is still unresolved, but the Winnipeg Free Press is reporting that the one option not on the table is a trade. If Pavelec wants to play in the NHL, it will probably be with the Winnipeg Jets.
For the moment, it looks like Pavelec’s agent, Allen Walsh, is attempting to use the KHL offer to get the Jets to sweeten their proposed contract extension. Pavelec is believed to be seeking a four-year deal worth about $17 million, while the Jets are countering with a three-year, $12 million contract. Assuming those terms are roughly accurate, it certainly looks like the two sides are close enough to eventually get a deal done.
Pavelec had a hot-and-cold campaign that left him with a 2.91 GAA and .906 save percentage in 68 games. That’s a noticeable step down from what he did in the Atlanta Thrashers’ final season.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 0
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 1
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 4
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 25
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)