Jun 22, 2012, 7:57 PM EDT
If you’re tuned into the draft hoping to hear of a Rick Nash trade, you’re going to be disappointed.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told reporters he feels like it’s not looking good for a deal to be done on draft day and things might have to wait until after free agency starts on July 1.
“I’d be surprised if a trade got done tonight,” said Howson. “It’s not the market we expected right now.”
Those words will be of little comfort to Blue Jackets fans who saw Howson turn down at least one monster offer from the New York Rangers before the trade deadline in hopes of striking hard after the season ended. Now the talk is Howson might wait to see where Zach Parise lands in free agency before finding out who wants in on Nash.
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 5
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 11
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 11
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 6
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)