Jun 22, 2012, 7:57 PM EDT
If you’re tuned into the draft hoping to hear of a Rick Nash trade, you’re going to be disappointed.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told reporters he feels like it’s not looking good for a deal to be done on draft day and things might have to wait until after free agency starts on July 1.
“I’d be surprised if a trade got done tonight,” said Howson. “It’s not the market we expected right now.”
Those words will be of little comfort to Blue Jackets fans who saw Howson turn down at least one monster offer from the New York Rangers before the trade deadline in hopes of striking hard after the season ended. Now the talk is Howson might wait to see where Zach Parise lands in free agency before finding out who wants in on Nash.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)