Jun 22, 2012, 7:57 PM EDT
If you’re tuned into the draft hoping to hear of a Rick Nash trade, you’re going to be disappointed.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told reporters he feels like it’s not looking good for a deal to be done on draft day and things might have to wait until after free agency starts on July 1.
“I’d be surprised if a trade got done tonight,” said Howson. “It’s not the market we expected right now.”
Those words will be of little comfort to Blue Jackets fans who saw Howson turn down at least one monster offer from the New York Rangers before the trade deadline in hopes of striking hard after the season ended. Now the talk is Howson might wait to see where Zach Parise lands in free agency before finding out who wants in on Nash.
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 2
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 7
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 31
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 41
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25