Jun 22, 2012, 7:57 PM EDT
If you’re tuned into the draft hoping to hear of a Rick Nash trade, you’re going to be disappointed.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told reporters he feels like it’s not looking good for a deal to be done on draft day and things might have to wait until after free agency starts on July 1.
“I’d be surprised if a trade got done tonight,” said Howson. “It’s not the market we expected right now.”
Those words will be of little comfort to Blue Jackets fans who saw Howson turn down at least one monster offer from the New York Rangers before the trade deadline in hopes of striking hard after the season ended. Now the talk is Howson might wait to see where Zach Parise lands in free agency before finding out who wants in on Nash.
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)