Jun 22, 2012, 7:57 PM EST
If you’re tuned into the draft hoping to hear of a Rick Nash trade, you’re going to be disappointed.
Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told reporters he feels like it’s not looking good for a deal to be done on draft day and things might have to wait until after free agency starts on July 1.
“I’d be surprised if a trade got done tonight,” said Howson. “It’s not the market we expected right now.”
Those words will be of little comfort to Blue Jackets fans who saw Howson turn down at least one monster offer from the New York Rangers before the trade deadline in hopes of striking hard after the season ended. Now the talk is Howson might wait to see where Zach Parise lands in free agency before finding out who wants in on Nash.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2