Jun 22, 2012, 7:40 PM EST
Three picks of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, two Russian members of the Sarnia Stings selected. Alexander Galchenyuk went to the Montreal Canadiens at No. 3, two spots after his OHL teammate, Nail Yakupov, became the first overall pick by the Edmonton Oilers.
Galchenyuk, a center, missed all but two games of the regular season after tearing his ACL in the preseason. In 2010-11, he piled up 83 points in 68 games.
For Galchenyuk’s draft profile, click here.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)