Jun 22, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are still on the hunt for a new head coach and ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun says AHL champion coach Jon Cooper is the latest guy on their radar.
LeBrun reports Cooper interviewed with the Capitals and GM George McPhee but also makes it clear they’ve interviewed a lot of people. Cooper led the Norfolk Admirals became a hot choice for an NHL job leading the Admirals to a record winning streak and steam rolling through the playoffs on their way to a Calder Cup title.
The Capitals and Oilers are the last two teams without a head coach but it’s not believed they have any common targets.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)