Jun 22, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are still on the hunt for a new head coach and ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun says AHL champion coach Jon Cooper is the latest guy on their radar.
LeBrun reports Cooper interviewed with the Capitals and GM George McPhee but also makes it clear they’ve interviewed a lot of people. Cooper led the Norfolk Admirals became a hot choice for an NHL job leading the Admirals to a record winning streak and steam rolling through the playoffs on their way to a Calder Cup title.
The Capitals and Oilers are the last two teams without a head coach but it’s not believed they have any common targets.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7