Jun 22, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are still on the hunt for a new head coach and ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun says AHL champion coach Jon Cooper is the latest guy on their radar.
LeBrun reports Cooper interviewed with the Capitals and GM George McPhee but also makes it clear they’ve interviewed a lot of people. Cooper led the Norfolk Admirals became a hot choice for an NHL job leading the Admirals to a record winning streak and steam rolling through the playoffs on their way to a Calder Cup title.
The Capitals and Oilers are the last two teams without a head coach but it’s not believed they have any common targets.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 45
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5