Jun 22, 2012, 6:33 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals are still on the hunt for a new head coach and ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun says AHL champion coach Jon Cooper is the latest guy on their radar.
LeBrun reports Cooper interviewed with the Capitals and GM George McPhee but also makes it clear they’ve interviewed a lot of people. Cooper led the Norfolk Admirals became a hot choice for an NHL job leading the Admirals to a record winning streak and steam rolling through the playoffs on their way to a Calder Cup title.
The Capitals and Oilers are the last two teams without a head coach but it’s not believed they have any common targets.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22