Jun 22, 2012, 6:33 PM EST
The Washington Capitals are still on the hunt for a new head coach and ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun says AHL champion coach Jon Cooper is the latest guy on their radar.
LeBrun reports Cooper interviewed with the Capitals and GM George McPhee but also makes it clear they’ve interviewed a lot of people. Cooper led the Norfolk Admirals became a hot choice for an NHL job leading the Admirals to a record winning streak and steam rolling through the playoffs on their way to a Calder Cup title.
The Capitals and Oilers are the last two teams without a head coach but it’s not believed they have any common targets.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4