Jun 22, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins made goalie Malcolm Subban the 24th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft – an interesting selection given PK Subban, Malcolm’s brother, holds down a spot on the list of most despised professional athletes in Beantown.
But hey, that’s PK. This is Malcolm, the top-ranked North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting.
According to McKeen’s, “he’s a complete natural at the position,” as evidenced by the fact he didn’t start playing in goal until he was 12.
The B’s already have a couple of promising goalie prospects in Michael Hutchinson, 22, and Zane Gothberg, 20. However, none were as highly touted as Subban as an 18-year-old.
To read his draft profile, click here.
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 5
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 6
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 48
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)