Jun 22, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
The Boston Bruins made goalie Malcolm Subban the 24th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft – an interesting selection given PK Subban, Malcolm’s brother, holds down a spot on the list of most despised professional athletes in Beantown.
But hey, that’s PK. This is Malcolm, the top-ranked North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting.
According to McKeen’s, “he’s a complete natural at the position,” as evidenced by the fact he didn’t start playing in goal until he was 12.
The B’s already have a couple of promising goalie prospects in Michael Hutchinson, 22, and Zane Gothberg, 20. However, none were as highly touted as Subban as an 18-year-old.
To read his draft profile, click here.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54