Jun 22, 2012, 10:51 PM EST
The Boston Bruins made goalie Malcolm Subban the 24th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft – an interesting selection given PK Subban, Malcolm’s brother, holds down a spot on the list of most despised professional athletes in Beantown.
But hey, that’s PK. This is Malcolm, the top-ranked North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting.
According to McKeen’s, “he’s a complete natural at the position,” as evidenced by the fact he didn’t start playing in goal until he was 12.
The B’s already have a couple of promising goalie prospects in Michael Hutchinson, 22, and Zane Gothberg, 20. However, none were as highly touted as Subban as an 18-year-old.
To read his draft profile, click here.
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 1
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 7
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 19
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 38
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)