Jun 22, 2012, 10:51 PM EST
The Boston Bruins made goalie Malcolm Subban the 24th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft – an interesting selection given PK Subban, Malcolm’s brother, holds down a spot on the list of most despised professional athletes in Beantown.
But hey, that’s PK. This is Malcolm, the top-ranked North American goalie by NHL Central Scouting.
According to McKeen’s, “he’s a complete natural at the position,” as evidenced by the fact he didn’t start playing in goal until he was 12.
The B’s already have a couple of promising goalie prospects in Michael Hutchinson, 22, and Zane Gothberg, 20. However, none were as highly touted as Subban as an 18-year-old.
To read his draft profile, click here.
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 0
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 21
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 16
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 13
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 10
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8