Jun 21, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a note from Nick Kypreos that the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are (currently) seeking Rick Nash with the most fervor. Sharks beat writer David Pollak shoots down the notion that the Sharks are hot on Nash’s trail, though.
Pollak reports that he’s heard there are “no Nash talks” between the Sharks and Blue Jackets because Columbus is asking for budding star center Logan Couture. Pollak said there’s “no counter-proposal, period.”
Naturally, both reports fall amid the backdrop of the deliberate misinformation that comes with trade talks. Still, asking for Couture does seem to follow the story thread of the Blue Jackets asking for too much in a Nash trade.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22