Jun 21, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a note from Nick Kypreos that the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are (currently) seeking Rick Nash with the most fervor. Sharks beat writer David Pollak shoots down the notion that the Sharks are hot on Nash’s trail, though.
Pollak reports that he’s heard there are “no Nash talks” between the Sharks and Blue Jackets because Columbus is asking for budding star center Logan Couture. Pollak said there’s “no counter-proposal, period.”
Naturally, both reports fall amid the backdrop of the deliberate misinformation that comes with trade talks. Still, asking for Couture does seem to follow the story thread of the Blue Jackets asking for too much in a Nash trade.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 4
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 24
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1