Jun 21, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a note from Nick Kypreos that the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are (currently) seeking Rick Nash with the most fervor. Sharks beat writer David Pollak shoots down the notion that the Sharks are hot on Nash’s trail, though.
Pollak reports that he’s heard there are “no Nash talks” between the Sharks and Blue Jackets because Columbus is asking for budding star center Logan Couture. Pollak said there’s “no counter-proposal, period.”
Naturally, both reports fall amid the backdrop of the deliberate misinformation that comes with trade talks. Still, asking for Couture does seem to follow the story thread of the Blue Jackets asking for too much in a Nash trade.
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 0
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 46
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL