Jun 21, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a note from Nick Kypreos that the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are (currently) seeking Rick Nash with the most fervor. Sharks beat writer David Pollak shoots down the notion that the Sharks are hot on Nash’s trail, though.
Pollak reports that he’s heard there are “no Nash talks” between the Sharks and Blue Jackets because Columbus is asking for budding star center Logan Couture. Pollak said there’s “no counter-proposal, period.”
Naturally, both reports fall amid the backdrop of the deliberate misinformation that comes with trade talks. Still, asking for Couture does seem to follow the story thread of the Blue Jackets asking for too much in a Nash trade.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5