Jun 21, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Earlier today, we passed along a note from Nick Kypreos that the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are (currently) seeking Rick Nash with the most fervor. Sharks beat writer David Pollak shoots down the notion that the Sharks are hot on Nash’s trail, though.
Pollak reports that he’s heard there are “no Nash talks” between the Sharks and Blue Jackets because Columbus is asking for budding star center Logan Couture. Pollak said there’s “no counter-proposal, period.”
Naturally, both reports fall amid the backdrop of the deliberate misinformation that comes with trade talks. Still, asking for Couture does seem to follow the story thread of the Blue Jackets asking for too much in a Nash trade.
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 5
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 24
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 35
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24