Jun 21, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
The thought of Jordan Staal playing alongside his brother Eric has crossed plenty of peoples’ minds, particularly Carolina Hurricanes fans. With word surfacing that Staal rejected the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 10-year contract extension offer – which has been validated by Staal’s agent -one cannot help but wonder if Jordan considered the possibility himself.
Everything I’m hearing is that Staal’s desire to play in Carolina – should a deal not be reached in Pittsburgh – is legitimate.
There’s been some talk that Jordan wants a bigger role on his given team than he’s likely to receive batting behind Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in Pittsburgh. His brother Eric (and possibly Jeff Skinner) would almost certainly remain higher on the food chain in Carolina if a deal ever took place, but it’s easy to imagine Jordan getting a better chance to show off his skills with the Canes.
One way or another, this is a huge week for Jordan Staal, who’s about to get married.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50