Jun 21, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
The thought of Jordan Staal playing alongside his brother Eric has crossed plenty of peoples’ minds, particularly Carolina Hurricanes fans. With word surfacing that Staal rejected the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 10-year contract extension offer – which has been validated by Staal’s agent -one cannot help but wonder if Jordan considered the possibility himself.
Everything I’m hearing is that Staal’s desire to play in Carolina – should a deal not be reached in Pittsburgh – is legitimate.
There’s been some talk that Jordan wants a bigger role on his given team than he’s likely to receive batting behind Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in Pittsburgh. His brother Eric (and possibly Jeff Skinner) would almost certainly remain higher on the food chain in Carolina if a deal ever took place, but it’s easy to imagine Jordan getting a better chance to show off his skills with the Canes.
One way or another, this is a huge week for Jordan Staal, who’s about to get married.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)