Jun 21, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
The thought of Jordan Staal playing alongside his brother Eric has crossed plenty of peoples’ minds, particularly Carolina Hurricanes fans. With word surfacing that Staal rejected the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 10-year contract extension offer – which has been validated by Staal’s agent -one cannot help but wonder if Jordan considered the possibility himself.
Everything I’m hearing is that Staal’s desire to play in Carolina – should a deal not be reached in Pittsburgh – is legitimate.
There’s been some talk that Jordan wants a bigger role on his given team than he’s likely to receive batting behind Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in Pittsburgh. His brother Eric (and possibly Jeff Skinner) would almost certainly remain higher on the food chain in Carolina if a deal ever took place, but it’s easy to imagine Jordan getting a better chance to show off his skills with the Canes.
One way or another, this is a huge week for Jordan Staal, who’s about to get married.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 10
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 34
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 33
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)