Jun 21, 2012, 6:47 PM EDT
The thought of Jordan Staal playing alongside his brother Eric has crossed plenty of peoples’ minds, particularly Carolina Hurricanes fans. With word surfacing that Staal rejected the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 10-year contract extension offer – which has been validated by Staal’s agent -one cannot help but wonder if Jordan considered the possibility himself.
Everything I’m hearing is that Staal’s desire to play in Carolina – should a deal not be reached in Pittsburgh – is legitimate.
There’s been some talk that Jordan wants a bigger role on his given team than he’s likely to receive batting behind Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin in Pittsburgh. His brother Eric (and possibly Jeff Skinner) would almost certainly remain higher on the food chain in Carolina if a deal ever took place, but it’s easy to imagine Jordan getting a better chance to show off his skills with the Canes.
One way or another, this is a huge week for Jordan Staal, who’s about to get married.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)