Jun 21, 2012, 11:18 AM EST
The campaign will kick off on Oct. 11 with a double hitter on NBCSN. The Boston Bruins will play on the road against the Philadelphia Flyers before the Colorado Avalanche host the St. Louis Blues. If you’re in Canada, then CBC will show the Montreal Canadiens visit the Ottawa Senators, followed by the Vancouver Canucks opening contest in Calgary.
The following day, NBCSN will have coverage of the Los Angeles Kings’ season opener. The Kings will raise their first Stanley Cup banner before hosting the New York Rangers. The Kings and New Jersey Devils will have a Stanley Cup rematch on Feb. 9 in New Jersey.
In case you needed further confirmation, the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs will play at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1 for the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic. Naturally, you’ll be able to see that game on NBC.
There will be no regular season games between Jan. 24-28 so that the league can break for the NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus.
Finally, the season will conclude on April 13 with a whopping 14 games.
You can go to the NHL.com to view the complete schedule.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)