Jun 21, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
The campaign will kick off on Oct. 11 with a double hitter on NBCSN. The Boston Bruins will play on the road against the Philadelphia Flyers before the Colorado Avalanche host the St. Louis Blues. If you’re in Canada, then CBC will show the Montreal Canadiens visit the Ottawa Senators, followed by the Vancouver Canucks opening contest in Calgary.
The following day, NBCSN will have coverage of the Los Angeles Kings’ season opener. The Kings will raise their first Stanley Cup banner before hosting the New York Rangers. The Kings and New Jersey Devils will have a Stanley Cup rematch on Feb. 9 in New Jersey.
In case you needed further confirmation, the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs will play at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1 for the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic. Naturally, you’ll be able to see that game on NBC.
There will be no regular season games between Jan. 24-28 so that the league can break for the NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus.
Finally, the season will conclude on April 13 with a whopping 14 games.
You can go to the NHL.com to view the complete schedule.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22