Jun 21, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
The campaign will kick off on Oct. 11 with a double hitter on NBCSN. The Boston Bruins will play on the road against the Philadelphia Flyers before the Colorado Avalanche host the St. Louis Blues. If you’re in Canada, then CBC will show the Montreal Canadiens visit the Ottawa Senators, followed by the Vancouver Canucks opening contest in Calgary.
The following day, NBCSN will have coverage of the Los Angeles Kings’ season opener. The Kings will raise their first Stanley Cup banner before hosting the New York Rangers. The Kings and New Jersey Devils will have a Stanley Cup rematch on Feb. 9 in New Jersey.
In case you needed further confirmation, the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs will play at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1 for the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic. Naturally, you’ll be able to see that game on NBC.
There will be no regular season games between Jan. 24-28 so that the league can break for the NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus.
Finally, the season will conclude on April 13 with a whopping 14 games.
You can go to the NHL.com to view the complete schedule.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 28
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 87
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)