Jun 21, 2012, 11:18 AM EDT
The campaign will kick off on Oct. 11 with a double hitter on NBCSN. The Boston Bruins will play on the road against the Philadelphia Flyers before the Colorado Avalanche host the St. Louis Blues. If you’re in Canada, then CBC will show the Montreal Canadiens visit the Ottawa Senators, followed by the Vancouver Canucks opening contest in Calgary.
The following day, NBCSN will have coverage of the Los Angeles Kings’ season opener. The Kings will raise their first Stanley Cup banner before hosting the New York Rangers. The Kings and New Jersey Devils will have a Stanley Cup rematch on Feb. 9 in New Jersey.
In case you needed further confirmation, the Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs will play at Michigan Stadium on Jan. 1 for the 2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic. Naturally, you’ll be able to see that game on NBC.
There will be no regular season games between Jan. 24-28 so that the league can break for the NHL All-Star Weekend in Columbus.
Finally, the season will conclude on April 13 with a whopping 14 games.
You can go to the NHL.com to view the complete schedule.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51