Jun 21, 2012, 5:59 PM EST
With each year, it seems like draft day increases to encroach upon the trade deadline when it comes to splashy deals. It makes perfect sense that Rick Nash trade rumors continue to swirl considering that trend, yet Columbus Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson told Aaron Portzline that a deal isn’t looming.
“Uh no, not at all,” Howson said. “A lot of things can happen between now and when the draft is over. I’m not counting on anything. Obviously our goal is to do what’s best for team and that’s how we’ll continue to operate.”
For what it’s worth, Nick Kypreos reports that the San Jose Sharks and Ottawa Senators are the teams that are “most interested” in Nash at the moment.
Even if the Blue Jackets opt against moving Nash tomorrow, they still might make some waves. In other news, Howson & Co. aren’t looking to move up from the No. 2 spot to No. 1, but they might agree to trade down. There’s also been murmurs that James van Riemsdyk would be willing to play for Columbus if a trade took place.
This is obviously a huge off-season for Howson. If all the scuttlebutt is justifiable, then he just make a bold move or two.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11